Kempton Park May Club Show.

Dell Boy

Re: Kempton Park May Club Show.

Post by Dell Boy »

Sorry, a good day out for me is riding my bikes not showing them & autojumbles/lines of shiny bikes bore me. Derek F.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Ok thanks everyone but it looks like due to the lack of interest I am going to have to let our spot go red face It is a shame as it takes a long time to get a spot at the Kempton show and Roy and myself did a lot of work to get the spot.I will leave it another week as we still require three more bikes mini,u, or I will post on here cancelled. cry
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

I would volunteer but I can't guarantee that mine will be back together by then. Besides, my scruffy Interpol next to your shiny one wouldn't bring much variety to the line up.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Rustynuts your IP2 would be more than welcome, I think it looked quite good and would be more than happy maybe we could meet and ride up together?Remember these events are for like minded people to get together and have a chat and a relaxing day out and also to spread the good word from the rotary world to all of the ignorant wink
David Brown

Post by David Brown »

Hi all,I can't believe of all the Rotary Owners in this country that we can't get 5 bikes together. It is a bit dissapointing. This is a really good opportunity to talk about Rotaries and bikes with enthusiasts and the general public. We generated a fair bit of interest last year and had a really good day out. It is also quite a nice ride for most people.I had an offer of a Rotary bike in bits and a test drive in a an Aston Martin DB9. If only I hadn't lost the guys number. I was hoping to get it this time.Come on you Rotary Owners! Let's not be selfish and let other people enjoy our bikes as well.Basket cases, non runners and cardboard cutouts also welcome to make up the numbers. (That's bikes not people)Hopefully see you all soon.David
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

I'll come if the Interpol is rotating by then, although that may not help you if you need to get definite numbers now. In fact I will probably come on or in something else if it isn't.It depends on how much of a project the rebuild turns out to be. I need to get the starter motor out. Richard said that it was only slightly more work to take the engine out than to lift the frame off the engine/gearbox unit in order to remove the starter. So as my clutch cush rubbers need replacing I thought I would remove the engine as the primary drive would have to be dismantled anyway. Then I got to thinking that with the engine out I may as well have a look inside as it sometimes makes the choc-choc noise and I think its performance is not quite what it should be. Then with the engine in pieces it wold be a good opportunity to get the cases re-coated. So depending on what horrors I find inside and the availability of a rotary guru, should I need to call on one, will determine whether it is back together by May.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

We now have enough bikes thanks to those who have supported I will contact soon for details and get the free tickets out to you. Thanks again Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Could everyone who is attending Kempton Show please contact me with age, reg, make and model of bike and a small bit of info on the model for your display cards and entry details.I will then enter the club stand for six bikes Very Happy Thanks Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Well after a slow start we now have a really special line up, obviously first my IP2 a Classic, Commander Cafe Racer, RE5, DKW and a Van Veen Very Happy We also have some static display engines from drones to a working demo single rotor engine. We had a maximum of seven spaces and every bike is completely different, cant wait to see the Van Veen.Come and look if you are at the show/jumble?Please also dont forget Popham in the Summer wink CheersPaul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

entry in Very Happy
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi All we have the seven bikes for the Show this year thanks to those that are attending but I also have some free tickets for the jumble and show going as well. If anyone wants one send me your name and address and I will put them in the post for you.First come first served.RegardsPaul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I still have a couple of free tickets for the show for anyone who would like to come for the day and to say 'Hi' to the chaps on the club stand. These tickets are not for exhibiting your bike but for free entry to view.These tickets are free entry to the show and autojumble so first come first served.Please email me with your address details ASAP so I can post them out.RegardsPaul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

All gone now sorry cry
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks to everyone for turning up and I think a good day was had by all. A couple of pictures posted in the gallery.CheersPaul