Race bike at Anglesey Beezumph

Malc

Race bike at Anglesey Beezumph

Post by Malc »

Steve Cull will be riding his works race bike on the Saturday 17th July at this years event.Malc
johnbirchjar

Re: Race bike at Anglesey Beezumph

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Malc,I was chatting to some of the guys and gals that were at the Beezumph,hurricane wind's I believe,every thing that wasn't bolted down was blown away,a few bikes damadged, but fortunatly no people, the track and facilaties are excelant,pity the venue is so close to the Atlantic!!,going due west I think the next landfall is Newfoundland!!If you were there perhaps you can fill in the gaps,regards,J.B.
Malc

Re: Race bike at Anglesey Beezumph

Post by Malc »

Hi John,Arrived Fri morning to see people packing up and putting tents in the skip. The marquee had blown down along with the bar inside and all that was left was the base of the stage. Tables and chairs were scattered. The winds had died down from their 107 mph recorded speed. Some friends who had arrived earlier and were camping emerged from the car, he said he had sat in the tent trying to hold it up until it was going to blow away with him in it, then the tent pole snapped and it was time to retreat to the car.Some bikes had to be moved to the scrutineering bay for safety and there was some minor damage to vehicles. The cafe opened up to allow people to shelter during the night. Everything was very quiet until after 9am until the winds died down and as better weather was forcast for later in the morning. it was decided the meeting would go ahead although the band had to be cancelled.No time for scrutineering or noise testing! Bikes would be checked at random in the assembly area so left the baffles out of the silver bike to see if it got pulled for checking over, it didn't.Steve Cull could not ride the works bike so on the Fri, Mick Grant rode it and on Sat Malcolm Heath (who rode the first bike at Darly) rode it.Mine went out on track with the race bike on Sat and there were comments that it was good to see 3 rotaries out together. So you missed an eventful weekend!Glad to see you are still clocking the miles up on the Classic.Malc