Brooklands Spring Motorcycle Gathering Sunday 18th April

Gerald Pleace

Brooklands Spring Motorcycle Gathering Sunday 18th April

Post by Gerald Pleace »

I was looking through my copy of the Brooklands Bulletin when I came across an article about the Brooklands Spring Motorcycle Gathering on 18th April.The gathering is open to anyone on any motorcycle which will be parked on site as part of the display. New things like ours would not be able to run on the track or anything but there will be plenty of pre war m/cs that will.The blurb in the bulletin says the following; Anyone of any age and with any bike is invited to ride into Brooklands for this event to try to make it the largest ride in the museum has experienced.Pre booked club groups will qualify for special entry discounts, All motorcycles will be parked on the museum site and one make clubs will have dedicated areas.(Perhaps the ROC would count as this as we are a one type club).A specially invited entry of genuine Brooklands racing machines and some world record holders will be demonstrated on the test hill and the members banking.......There will be a demonstration arena showing the skills of young trials riders, trade stands and a bikers barbeque.Let me know if you are interested in attending as there is a possibility that we could get an allocated space and the £2 per person discount on entry fee if they accept our application as a club.Have a look on http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com
Interpol2471

Re: Brooklands Spring Motorcycle Gathering Sunday 18th April

Post by Interpol2471 »

Sounds interesting cool
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

I have just had confirmation that we are able to attend this event as a club and will be eligible for an entry discount for those who turn up on a motorcycle as long as we get a minimum of 10 attending.There is a form I have to return which asks for projected numbers so please let me know via the forum as soon as possible.Gerald
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I will be there sound like it will be good weather too Very Happy
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

Great,That will be two of us then.When you get to the gate tell them you are with the Rotary Owners Club an get entry for £7 instead of £9,It still sounds a bit steep but there promises to be some serious vintage motorcycle action as well as static displays from several clubs signed up so far.If anyone else wants to turn up on the day same applies but you only get the discount if arriving on a motorcycle.I haven't yet been given start and finish times but usually these things tend to be 10.00 to 4.00.Look forward to seeing a huge crowd there.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I would like to be there but the 18th is my big 70 and I have a sneaky feeling that my nearest and dearest have"planed something".J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

.Also, reading the latest copy of our club mag;I have posted off the entry form for Stafford Hall, left a message on the answer phone of our "team leader" asking for the b/form for the Wankeltriffen,am seriously considering going to the Rotary meet in Holland, have allready booked my cabin on the ferry for the N.O.C. meet in Espania,and booked myself in for the N.O.C. bash in Devon,and I expect to visit a number of "one day shows" during the summer,(lot's more miles will be clocked up on the Classic,)On the subject of the Post Christmas Dinner, for the last two years the dates have clashed with the Essex branch of the N.O.C.s P.C.Dinner,had this not occured I and the mem-sahib may well have attended,(as mite Dell Boy and T.Harrison Esq;+ their respective ladies)how about a Pre-Christmas bash?late Nov:early Dec:? J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

The two were there see the gallery. wink