NOC International Rally, Columbres

Tim H

NOC International Rally, Columbres

Post by Tim H »

The "issues" described by Gripper are no more than the normal costs and travelling involved in International Rallying. More than 100 attended the NOC rally in Lisbon, Portugal, three years ago, including several ROC members.On the return journey we discussed how fantastic was the scenery in the Picos de Europa, with great motorcycling roads. What's more the location offers; to those less keen on a long ride; the opportnity to go by ferry with just a short ride to the campsite.I, along with Dellboy and others, will ride down through the great roads of France and join the others there.We went to the NOC rally in Austria last year, now that was a fair ride. I took the Commander which was trouble free, other than when the sidestand cut out wires fused together as a consequence of getting too close to a very hot exhaust.I think that this Rally is one to go on and worth saving up for. Good company, great riding and choices over accomodation. All International rallies involve a lot of riding, that's the bit I like best but this one means you can go and minimise the wear and tear on yourself and your bike by using the ferry, described by the way as a mini cruise!!!