Stanford Hall.

johnbirchjar

Stanford Hall.

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys, anyone know if the Classic Clubs Show at Stanford Hall is on this year?J.B.
graham

Re: Stanford Hall.

Post by graham »

A quick google search brought up this link:http://www.stanfordhall.co.uk/events.htmlWhich shows a date of 30th May for the Classic Clubs day. Not sure if this is provisional or cast in stone?
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Will there be an ROC presence there this year ? As I'm local to Stanford Hall, I'm available to assist with set-up, tea drinking, etc..R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
graham

Post by graham »

It'd be nice to make a weekend of it. Anyone know of an idyllic B and B preferably with food and dare I say it Drink :-) that we can arrive at on saturday evening?Then take a short ride to Stanford Hall in the morning.Graham
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I have marked the date on the calender and will do my best to be there,Saturday night is doubtful though.J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Forms for free tickets for this event should be in the latest Epitrochoid which has been posted today. We only have 15 for the ROC at the moment, so get your replies back ASAP.The only stipulation is that you get to S.H. BEFORE the show opens - at by no later than 0945 on Sunday morning.If there's massive interest, I'll get back onto the organisers and see if we can get further tickets - and have a bigger stand.This year they say we CAN have the campervan on the stand which should mean less of a walk for teas, helmet storage etc ...
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

On the flyer for Stamford Hall they say camping on the Sat: night ,any one know what the facillaties are?or any B&Bs as Graham inquired?Great news about the camper van.J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,Re: Grahams inquiry about B&Bs in Stamford area? Premier Inn have a motel off J1 off the M6 (Rugby)I know i'ts not traditional B&B but they ar'nt to bad, and there is usualy a pub/restaurant next door,sorry I ca'nt make Sat night,but I intend to be at "The Hall" on the Sunday,hope to see a good turnout for the R.O.C. ride safely,regards,J.B.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

A very successful day ! We filled our allocated space with, I think, 14 rotaries, Commanders and Commander 'specials' dominating the scene.To be greeted with a cup of tea, meet old friends, chat about rotaries and enjoy the sunshine is an opportunity not to be missed.Thanks David.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Shame I could not have made it but I had a family holiday instead cry Would have been nice to have had a real air cooled rotary on the stand instead of all that water cooled pomp and circumstance lol
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

We had a "real air cooled rotary" at Stamford,yours truly's Classic. I echo Richards thanks to David & his family for their hospitality,they put the "icing on the cake"(or rather the egg & bacon in the bread)to make the day,many thanks again.It was good to see familiar faces & bikes,plus some new ones,one or two very impressive machines that I had not seen before,all in all, a most enjoyable day, by the way, did anyone else get sun/wind burn?ride safely,J.B.
jpsrob

Post by jpsrob »

I must endorse the previous, many thanks to David and Margaret for their hospitality. It was good to see that we can amass 14 rotaries of various types. Owning a F1 Sport it was good to see the conversions done by the Commander brigade.