Nortons at Donington GP

Steve Gee

Nortons at Donington GP

Post by Steve Gee »

Not in Moto GP, but in one of the support races, thundersport GP1. Two bikes have been entered although no mention of who the riders are. The bike appeared to be FAST and reliable at Mallory last weekend, albeit demonstration runs rather than racing, fingers crossed they're making some progress. An ideal opportunity to drum up some interest in front of a huge crowd.
David Brown

Re: Nortons at Donington GP

Post by David Brown »

Norton Racing website mentions two riders racing in the Thundersport class but still no mention of who they are.The only televised Thundersport racing I can see in MCN is at 7.05pm on Motors on 27th July. Hopefully it will be the Donington round.Fingers crossed they put in a good performance. I remember Nortons doing well at Donington.DB
Malc

Post by Malc »

Norton 2nd at Donington, rider Joe Dickinson. Lee Dickinson dickinson on the other bike was in 3rd place trying to catch up in the wet conditions when he failed to come round, mid distance of the race.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

David Brown wrote: I remember Nortons doing well at Donington.DB
Quite right ! I watched, with pride, as Ron Haslam finished 12th in the 1992 GP riding a JPS Norton - and on the same lap as the winner (whose name unfortunately escapes me).How things have changed.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Come on Richard even I can remember it was 1991 when that happened red face and the Great rev'in Kevin won, I saw it on the history channel wink
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....