RoTechniks open day

rotaryart

RoTechniks open day

Post by rotaryart »

Some may or may not know that RoTechniks went in to receivership approx 3-4 months ago, RoTechniks have been servicing and maintaining just about every rotary car you care to mention.So as not to let this rotary institution die and to further my business I have bought the company and it should be open again in next couple of weeks, although I have my fingers crossed for Dec 15th.I am having an open day on the 24th of Jan 09, which may not be the best time or weather for bikes, but we would love to see you there. There will be lots of activity in the 12 to 3pm open day and a good representation of cars, to date I know of 1 x drag RX7 fd, 1 x circuit car RX7 fd, 3 x RX7 fd drift cars, 1 x rally prep RX7 FB, a very rare 1 of only 2 in world convertible NSU RO80's.2-3 other RO80's for sure and the NSU club has been invited. A rare RX7 TWR fb, a rare RX4 13b and several great customer cars. There will be a couple of stunt bikes performing a few tricks (unfortunately piston powered) and it would be great to have some rotary bikes.At weekend a band will be confirming there attendance, though Im 99% sure they will be there.Several magazines have promised to be thereRotary bikes is something we would welcome as a rotary based garage and have enquired to Norton Racing about dealerships and you never know maybe a bike for our day.If you can make it it would be very much appreciated even if not with bike, but just to say hi.24th Jan 2009RoTechniks LtdUnit 4 Lambwood Hill Industrial EstateGrazelyReadingBerkshireRG7 1JNMore information will be posted later on our sitewww.rotaryart.uk.comwww.rotarycommunity.comwww.rotechniks.uk.com (still being built)
Regards\nGary\nRotaryArt & RoTechniks
Interpol2471

Re: RoTechniks open day

Post by Interpol2471 »

Will try to be there as I am very close to you, best get my tank painted quick, if you know Plastec tell them to be cheap and fast for me :D :mrgreen: :D
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

Sorry dont know Plastec, how's the bike coming along??
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

RoTechniks Flyer open dayPrint off as a reminder for a great rotary meethttp://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk23/g11ary/RoTechniks/Mark3.jpg
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I have a nice new tank from Richard at Norton Motors so hopefully I will be there. :D
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

Thats great newsLooking forward to meeting some rotary bikers
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Best you order some fine weather lol :lol:
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

I have invited a RE5 owner off my forum to come along, so if he is not on here also you will have some company.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Bet it's a blue one :shock:
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

being a small community you either know himorThey all come in blue ;-)
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I know him, he goes to Dr B's bike show. :lol:
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

We have approx 10 days to go and I cant believe the amount of rotary owners of all different marques that have all seen our forum advert, word of mouth etc and have expressed an intention to come support the event. We should have the biggest event of any kind ever in the UK of rare and unusual rotary cars ever seen in one place. There are owners of marques of rotaries I'd never dreamt I would see. As it has now grown out of expectation and I would appreciate if guys could put your names down so I know who to cater for, don't want to be cutting sausage rolls in to sections to make them go round. Also would a rotor-head like to cater for this, Id rather give the costs of catering to a rotor-head than some one outside the fold, keeping it in the family ;-)
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I think soup and umbrellas will be the order of the day looking at Metcheck :roll: I will be there unless we have ice as I aint going to arrive on me rrrssss :lol:
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

I will be coming along on the Commander to keep up numbers so IP2471 will not be alone.I am not far away either.It's been a while since I last used your service when I still had the yellow Ro80 back in 2002-3.I had good service from you then but no rotary car since.Gerald
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

Hi Gerald, this is great news. All bikes will have pride of place with some very rare cars.Other cars will have to be outside as there are now more rotaries than we ever dreamt would be there.See here for a full list of rarities. http://www.rotarycommunity.com/tm.aspx?m=231
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

I cant express just how excited I am after today, guys Ive never spoken to or heard from before have been spoken with all know about RoTechniks open day. So I thought it a good time to start making a list of cars attending, we will have the unique and rare rotaries in the garage area as it will keep them dry and visible to all if its dull outside. So to date I have this list, if you have a car not on list please add. Rotary Corvette = confirmed Cosmo 110 = wants to if poss, waiting confirmation NSU Spider = confirmed NSU RO80 convertible = confirmed TWR MK1 FB = confirmed RX4 project = confirmed 3 x Drift RX7's FD3S = confirmed Rally prepped RX7 FB = confirmed RX7 FD3S Drag car = confirmed Starlet rotary powered full tub 9" axle = confirmed Nippon Challenge RX7 FD3S = confirmed Nippon Challenge stand = confirmed RX7 FD3S Britcar & 24 hr Dubai = confirmed RX5 Cosmo RE130 = wants to if poss, waiting confirmation 2 x Norton's Suzuki RE5 Norton Racing have been invited = waiting confirmation Moller Skycar have been invited = waiting confirmation (there is one in London at moment) 10 from Exile forum would like an idea of what cars please. Cars from FDUK forum would like to know what cars and numbers.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

That could be three Nortons then as David Brown said he may make it too. :D
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

More the merrier
David Brown

Post by David Brown »

I've got a pass for the Saturday so yes I'll be there on my cafe racer rotary. The weather doesn't look great but it sounds like there is plenty going on so should be a good day.Hope to see you there.David
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

look forward to seeing your beasty and meeting you guys.
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

A motorcycle dealer is coming over for the event sadly with no bikes, but has bought 5 RE5's, 3 I believe have been sold and 2 are being restored
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

If anyone is wondering if its worth the trip or hesitant, everyone should make the most of this event as Ive just ordered the insurance and transport for the Rotary Corvette, and its cost a pretty penny I dont mind telling you, to bring you this awesome and unique rotary car. I cant guarantee it will be seen again for a long time.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

The weather is looking good too, will be cold but dry all day...yippee :)
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

Yahhhh, Cosmo 110 confirmed today.The caters let me down yesterday, but we are back on track, a complete hog roast has been ordered and paid for, so I hope you guys are hungry.When I was phoning around I rang a number which was answered by a couple of guys that had dodgy accents, I know the porting to be the best, I only hope the SA secret sauce lives up to its name ;-)
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

I would personally like to thank all that made the effort to attend our open day. Some had travelled hundreds of miles to attend and it is appreciated. Its always difficult to guesstimate who will attend, but I have to confess I was totally overwhelmed at the numbers today. We had Rotorstock proportions here today. When we organised the mass rotary shoot it was firstly to get every kind of rotary in to one photo, something never been done in the UK before, I think we was just 3 rotaries short of having every make and model of rotary made. And you guys helped make this happen. We also had to organised the car park as we had so many in there that there was approx 20 cars parked on the road, which was blocking the lane past RoTechniks.During the shoot we counted 47 Rotaries and there were still the odd rotary here and there. We totalled just over 50 Rotaries which for an event put together in 2 weeks with your support is awesome and testament to your enthusiasm for the cars.It was great to see Mazda with NSU and Norton, most meets and clubs tend to concentrate on there marque and I believe it demonstrates what Rotary Community is about, all rotary enthusiasts enjoying one anothers company and rotors together. At the peak of the event we had 80 odd cars at RoTechniks, as some had travelled down with the rotaries for the event.In total between 120 to 150 people were at RoTechniks today. Next time 2 hogs may be in order. The live band is made up from our gardener and his mates, and for a part time group did us proud, hopefully no objections to them coming back again, when I spoke with hem they enjoyed the day and commented on the good behaviour of you guys, I think they had pre-conceived ideas of chavs in toys :-) Id also like to thank Dave and Colin who have fixed and repair customers cars on time and still managed to tidy, clean and make ready for the event.
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

Would you guys be as kid as to send me copies of your pictures, as Id like to host photos from all clubs on one massive album
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Don't forget to share yours too :wink:
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

If ok with you guys, Ive created an album herehttp://www.rotarycommunity.com/album.aspx?galleryid=12add your pictures here, I have others adding soon and approx 1000 to 1500 Pro photos to come later.This way everyone can see all photos in 1 place, your name will be associated with the pictures and you can mention your forum youve posted on behalf of if you wish.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Is there a reason why I can only see approx 30 pictures when it says there are over 40 :oops: