Southern Classic Bike Show 24th May 2014

Interpol2471

Southern Classic Bike Show 24th May 2014

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi ALl,Its that time again to book the Southern Classic Bike Show at Kempton Park.Those that have been before know this is a good day out and you get a free pass to enter etc but places are limited as always to maximum 6 bikes so be quick if you want a place.This has been a real success for the club in the past so lets carry on the trend.Cheers Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Re: Southern Classic Bike Show 24th May 2014

Post by johnbirchjar »

Not quite sure if I will be well enough to ride the Classic as far as Kempton, so to be on the safe side I will give it a miss this year,ride safe,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

6 bikes need before the 15th April or I have to cancel our place I have been told by Eric.Let me know ASAP.Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

No takers?
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

Paul,I will be there if we are able to get enough takers to have a stand.RegardsGerald
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks Gerald that's two of us so far red face
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Only a few weeks to go and I need seven bikes for the stand, please let me know as soon as possible if you are able to support the club?
JohnOR

Post by JohnOR »

Hi PaulI can try to get the plod or commander available for Kempton(was letting others have a go as I was there last year)John
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

John you are always welcome and thanks for your continued support, you are in. Very Happy
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

We have 6 bikes so one place left but I need an answer in the next week for the last place Very Happy
David Brown

Post by David Brown »

Hi all, The Southern Classic Bike show is always a good turn out. I was lucky enough to be awarded 2nd place in the Ace Cafe, Cafe Racer section.Come and show your bike and have a great day our with your fellow Wankel owners. Can we get any modified Rotaries on the stand? Look forward to catching up soon.P.S Anyone else up for a Fleet Lyons Bike show on 5th May?It's a gathering of 100's of bikes in Fleet, Hampshire and a 46 mile ride out to a pub for lunch and then back for concours judging. So far we have two Norton Rotaries taking part.David
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

2 David?
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Entry submitted with 7 bikes thanks again to everyone Very Happy
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

entry tickets will be posted out Monday. I think I have everyone's address if you think different please send me your details for those registered.Paul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hope to see everyone bright and early Saturday I have pulled the stops out and will be there Friday night setting up Very Happy
eyeguy

Post by eyeguy »

Very poor turnout today, when I looked in to say hello. Only a Classic and a red Commamder. I mentioned to John that I only live 10 minutes down the road and, had they told me there were so many no shows, I could have brought a couple along. A real shame. Might I humbly suggest a contingency plan for next year? Rob has my bloody number too, which makes his no show even more irksome!CheersATGPaul
Joe

Post by Joe »

Sorry to hear of the poor turn out. I hope as the day went by they all turned up. If I wasn't working nights I too would have been there but at least you knew this beforehand and not expecting me. Should be off shift for next year. Regards, Joe.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks Joe yes I knew you were not on the list and thanks as always to your support.Hi eyeguy I listed this show for a number of months so people have the chance to request a ticket on the forum. All bikes have to be registered prior to the event so on the day entries would not be allowed and all bikes in place by 8:30am. With the weather the three bikes we had I am very grateful for but next year if you are local why not register? Only John was local and the Classic battled local flooding to make the show which many did not want to risk as they were riding in not in a van like most at the show. Maybe its someone else's turn to run the southern shows as I have done it for the last four years also including Popham as obviously I am not making the applications clear cry
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

There is no option for a second plan as the club is issued enough tickets only for the 7 bikes registered thats it.No valid entry at least one month prior to the show with full details no entry to the show.All tickets were issued and sent out with entry restriction and heath and safety rules etc three weeks in advance.Eric is very strict on entry and it took me a lot of time to get a space as many clubs still want a space and cant get one.Even if you had Rob's ticket you would not have had entry as it was his bike and details registered and they are checked and security tags issued.Its not a simple process and takes lots of planning, letters, emails all at my own expense.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Rant over...... wink
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Please also note I started this entry request post 23rd Feb for people to contact me for free tickets exclaim
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Also if you noted the club banner and all of the posters and laminated display pictures guess who made them and bought them also???
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Paul,I feel your pain!It's quite possible that, because the tickets are free on request, those that have taken them don't feel obliged to attend to support you and the Club.I don't suppose many of the non-attendees let you know? A bit of torrential rain? Southern Wimps!A long time ago, I used to organise the occasional informal green lane runs for TRF members. Five or six was the average attendance - and then one day twenty-one turned up for a run in the Rhayader area. Impossible to marshal such a large group and I went back to the quiet enjoyment of trail riding solo.Don't give up - you've done so much for the Club in the recent past.Perhaps a £20 bond for a free ticket, returnable on arrival?R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks Richard I guess it's onwards and upwards for Popham cool I didn't mind people not riding in and was very happy with the three bikes that we did have, expensive rare bikes and bad weather does not mix I know that and appreciate that too. We ride not sit on trailers (joke here for club mag readers for write up on show).It does take a lot of time and effort as you know also and a lot of asking to get us a place as said above so its sad when people who do support the club regularly and also do lots of other things like print the mag are criticised cry After saying that Popham is a two day event but unless other requested we will be on the Sunday main day but I can set everything up a day earlier if people want to make a weekend of it and camp, start letting me know?
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

Paul,Your efforts organising the shows are much appreciated. It is an unfortunate fact that despite a lot of hard work, things don't always go right. It is not fair that criticism is often aimed at the organiser of an event who has no control over attendance on the day.I also feel it is not that the free tickets are not valued, but that any person who owns a machine that is their pride and joy will think twice about using it in conditions they are not used to. I am glad there was at least an attendance, (well done John) and am embarrased to say I would have been there yesterday had I not got it into my head that the show was today. Your telephone message in the morning threw me somewhat until I checked the tickets.So its not always a case of southern softies, sometimes its genuine senility.I promise to get it right next time.Keep up the good work.Gerald
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

No worries mate I took it out on the engine cases today lol Very Happy
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks for all of the text's and emails everyone it makes planning all of these events worth while red face smiley
eyeguy

Post by eyeguy »

Hi Paulit certainly wasn't a pop at you personally, just a shame when the ROC isn't shown in the best possible light. I know Eric and am pretty certain we could have got papal dispensation on the day smiley What irks is folk like you bothering to organise the flipping' thing and people then not bothering to turn up, all a bit disrespectful. A bit of rain? ferrchrissakes, people, grow a pair exclaim I only look in on here occasionally, so must have missed it. Was it posted in the mag? I'm more likely to spot that. cheersATGPaul
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

yes I understand it was a bit sad but there is always next year. Rob always puts a bit in the mag if we are short on numbers but all appeared ok this year.Popham is the next event in August.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Paul,When is Popham?'cos unless it's the last Saturday in the month I won't be able to make it,(would you believe that I am at one rally or another every weekend in August exclaim exclaim,)J.B.