NOC Cafe Racer Day Sat 7th Sept 2013 in Oxford

David Brown

NOC Cafe Racer Day Sat 7th Sept 2013 in Oxford

Post by David Brown »

Hi all,Is anyone planning on attending the NOC Cafe Racer day in Oxford on Saturday?Here are the details;Oxford Branch Café Racer DayCalling all café racers !!Event detailsWhenSep 07, 2013from 11:00 AM to 05:00 PMWhereThe Eight Bells, Eaton, Cumnor, Oxford, OX13 5PRContact NamePeter ScatchardContact Phone07775 631044Add event to calendarvCaliCalBring your café-racer, any make, any age, any condition, any nationality, ridden or trailered. The location is a real pub run by real people serving great real ales and real pub grub. Registration is either on the day or via the Branch web site (see below).There are no fees, and all spectators are welcome by bike, cycle or on foot. There will be a charity collection for the Thames Valley and Chilterns Air Ambulance.There will be awards for Best in Show and Longest Distance Ridden, presented by World Sidecar Champion Stan Dibben and “Mr. Featherbed’ Ken Sprayson.Myself and Dave Green attended the last one a couple of years ago. It was quite well attanded then. Hopefully even more this time.It would be good to meet up with fellow rotary enthusiasts.David
Dell Boy

Re: NOC Cafe Racer Day Sat 7th Sept 2013 in Oxford

Post by Dell Boy »

I shall be going on my Egli if the weather stays fine.Derek.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Got to within 10 miles of the function when the dual lead coil packed up on the Egli Vincent.I have Lucas Rita electronic ignition fitted. It has eaten both 3 amp & 5 amp coils made by Dynastart over the years plus standard coils as well I think.Anyone got any ideas why?What sort of spec. coils should I try next?Derek.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I would give up on it Del and give it to me to worry about wink You dont need the stress let me take the worry away for free as well as a Pal exclaim
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Sidecar47

Post by Sidecar47 »

I've found Derek Carpenter at Mistral Engineering very helpful, they do their own version of Rita now but did market the Lucas kit in the day and produced all sorts of kits for road bikes. I'm sure they could check your kit out and advise. Chris
Dell Boy wrote:Got to within 10 miles of the function when the dual lead coil packed up on the Egli Vincent.I have Lucas Rita electronic ignition fitted. It has eaten both 3 amp & 5 amp coils made by Dynastart over the years plus standard coils as well I think.Anyone got any ideas why?What sort of spec. coils should I try next?Derek.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

The grief I have had with this bike over the past 35 years at times has made me feel like donating it to something, usually a bonfire but when it is running right it is BRILLIANT.I have been to see John Carpenter over the years & I will be heading there again. I actually had a new spare coil bolted on the bike under the seat but I had forgotten I had it. Age is my excuse for these lapses.Fitted it yesterday but it made no difference. I think possibly the timing has slipped, though this is unlikely. I suspect the 40 year old Rita has forgotten when the sparks should be sent out as it is firing all over the place. Will check the timing which is very simple with this ignition & if correct will head over to Mistral Engineering who are not far away & get the ignition unit checked.Derek F.
David Brown

Post by David Brown »

Hi Derek,Sorry you didn't make it on Saturday. Would have been good to catch up. It wasn't as busy as I had hoped. Probably about 40 bikes in total, about 20 of them were Cafe Racers. The weather was good once I got there. Met some nice people, took some good pictures. There was a nice blue Norvin Cafe Racer, I will upload once I get a chance. There should be a picture of my bike in the October NOC Magazine. After all the running issues I have had the last year, now known to be due to tank liner lifting and crap finding it's way into the carbs. This was the first 54 mile ride out, inline fuel filters attached, the bike went like a dream. (Not a Superdream) Was going to try and make at least one of the days for the Ace Cafe Reunion this weekend but I now have family comittments.Good luck with the Egli. There is always next year.David