Classic bike show Oostende

Joe

Classic bike show Oostende

Post by Joe »

Hello All, If anybody fancy's a weekend away in September with around 350 classic bikes of all ages and just as many beers then check out the following link. http://www.veteranentreffenoostende.be This is usually a fantastic weekend which is why I've been to the show probably 20 times and even won a cup or two over the years. All bikes are welcome but a cut off date of 1975 is the official line. I've been on various rotary Norton's over the years and was made to feel very welcome the only exception would be it's doubtful that any bike after 1975 would qualify for the prizes. RE5's and Deek's are eligible though. The bike show starts with a gathering in one of the many squares in Oostende where you register and collect your lunch vouchers along with beer and ice cream tickets and as an added bonus if you don't get time to eat the ice cream or drink the beer it comes to you and is available at each of the many stop off points along the run. The ticket also entitles you to a free collection service should you break down or run out of fuel (as I have in the past) with at least three vans and trailers there to help when needed. The run is excellently organised, sign posted at every junction and has plenty of out riders on route easily spotted by their high viz jackets. Usually, the traffic is held up at junctions for us to safely pass by local police or the M.T.O.'s own out riders. I usually go over on Friday afternoon and meet up with fellow riders in the evening for a beer or two. Often on the Saturday we organise something, usually a day out and the bike show / run is held on the Sunday (the 15th this year) and return home on Monday. If anybody wants any more information feel free to PM me. Hopefully see some of you R.O.C. members there. Regards, Joe.