Wankel Treffen 2013.

Joe

Wankel Treffen 2013.

Post by Joe »

Hello All, Do any of you R.O.C. members fancy coming to this years Wankel Treffen being held in Lubeck, in the North of Germany near to the Danish border on the Baltic coast? This years meeting dates are Friday the 30th of May until Sunday the 2nd of June. So far just the two of us are confirmed. This is about the tenth Wankel Treffen that I've been to and I have always been made to feel very welcome by the Hercules club, they are a very friendly bunch and you don't need to be able to speak German, I can't and this has never been a problem. Food and beer is laid on and there's always something special to see. Regards, Joe.
Dell Boy

Re: Wankel Treffen 2013.

Post by Dell Boy »

What is it with T.T. week. Every organisation seems to have picked that week to hold there annual rallies!!Derek F.
Howell

Post by Howell »

Hi Joe,Myself and two other Norton owners from South Wales are going,That is : Howell Evans, Roger Needs, Brian Wetherill. We have booked into the Hotel Aquqmarin in Lubeck from Thursday 30th to Monday 3rd. Please advise of any costs incurred in attending, and we will be happy to oblige. We are looking forward to the trip and event.Regards,Howell
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Every year I promise myself that THIS YEAR I will make it to the the Wankel Triffen, and once again I can't get there cry ,(family commitment)hopefuly next year? ride safe,J.B.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Howell, thanks for letting me know, we'll see you there and catch up...... We still haven't confirmed our travel arrangements yet but will most likely arrive early Friday evening but will depart on Sunday morning for sure. Sorry to hear that Del and JB can't make it again but there's always next year. Cheers, Joe.
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Joe Mr Evans has taken the words right out of my mouth, we are going across on Eurotunnel on Saturday the 25th staying over at Dunkirk and then going south. Staying in France on the Sunday night, driving though to Germany in the Black Forest, staying with friends of Howells, Monday/Tuesday. Then riding towards Lubeck staying overnight where ever Howell has booked but will be in Lubeck for the Thursday night. Should be a good ride out just short of 2000 miles in total.RegardsRoger
athersmith

Post by athersmith »

My wife, Yvonne and I are calling at the rally on Friday, but have to leave Saturday morning to get to the Holland- Newcastle ferry to be home for Sunday. My wife has work on Monday so we can't stay longer.We are hoping to travel through Denmark and Sweden before arriving at the rally on Friday.We have booked a room at the Aquamarin hotel for Friday evening. See you thereTrevor AthersmithCumbria
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Trevor, Thanks for letting us know. Look forward to seeing you and Yvonne in Lubeck on Friday evening. Regards, Joe.
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

Yet another brilliant treffen.Katrin and Clemens did us proud and the weather behaved very well.It was good to meet up with all you brave people who rode over to Lubeck which is a really long way away.The company and the location were excellent as was the welcome we all received as usual from our German friends.Hopefully everyone got back safely and without incident.Looking forward to next years meeting in the Alsace region of France which will be a first for the W2000ig and a lot closer to home for us.Thanks to Joe for taking me and being a great gent as ever.Hope to link up with you all soon.Best wishesGerald
athersmith

Post by athersmith »

Yvonne and I had a good run back through Germany and Holland for the ferry to Newcastle (about 360 miles), only getting lost when trying to find the ferry terminal (no sat nav and no signs on the motorway - We will be investing in a sat nav in the near future!)We had a great day meeting new friends with a common interest.We were sorry we could not stay for the whole weekend, but Yvonne's work commitments prevented us from doing so.Katrin and Clemens did a great job in organising the rally, making everyone so welcome. It is always lovely to see them.A big thank you to Howell, Roger and Brian who took the time to guide us to our Hotel and back to the rally, showing us a great place to eat on the way. We very much enjoyed your company and hope to meet up with you all soon.A footnote from Yvonne:Anyone who knows Trevor will know how obsessive he is about his bikes. He insisted it had to be parked to the side on the ferry (to stop it being passed by on two sides), strapped it down carefully, protecting it with cloths, foam etc, only to suddenly have a large amount of liquid dripping down from the deck above all over his bike. Further investigation found it to be beer. After the initial shock it was so funny and gave many on the vehicle deck a good laugh (not Trevor, I hasten to add!) Luckily a fellow biker came to his aid with the wet wipes. Thank goodness it wasn't anything other than beer!
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello R.O.C., I second Gerald's comments, the company this year was excellent. It was great to meet other ROC members and hope we can meet up again very soon and perhaps get even more to join us at the Wankel Treffen in France next year. I know that David and Ewen were very disappointed to not attend this year. A very big thank you to Howell, Roger and Brian who came back to rescue me after my bike failed to start when we left the tour of the 1911 built Windjammer, Passat. These gentleman offered to push start my bike which at 350 kilo's or 770lb in old money was a very brave decision indeed. Fortunately, there was no need as after realising my mistake of trying to start the bike in gear we got it up and running. Heiner has since pointed out that page six of the owners handbook does mention this, I've so much to learn. Trevor's bike is was the cleanest Commander that I have ever seen and should have won an award, It was closely followed by Howell's bike which had a few nice mods made in stainless. Even the bikes which I rarely use aren't this clean I don't know how they do it. Worth a mention was the appearance of Hans Peter, this Swiss man with the three "Motor Prom" Russian bikes. Just two year ago he had an accident on his green Motor prom which put him in intensive care for 6 months with 55% burns. It was great that he was able to attend and he's now making a good recovery and has even started rebuilding the bike. If I understood Hans correctly he had double bad luck with this bike. When the fire service came to recover his burnt bike the following day, the battery shorted-out and another fire started causing even more damage. Luckily nobody was harmed this time. Regards, Joe.
Howell

Post by Howell »

Hello all,Thanks to Trevor and Evonne, and Joe for their kind comments regarding the Welsh contingent's efforts. It was a pleasure meeting up with such interesting, and good people, and to offer help when needed. The event was very well organised, and the whole trip a great experience. (The M25 coming home from Harwich was really the only thing one could complain about). It will be good to meet up again with everyone at future events.Regards,Howell
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Yes I would also like to re-iterate what Howell said, we travelled a total of 2,200 miles in total. Calais - Charlesville-Mezieres - Black Forest - Kassel - Lubeck - Hoek van Holland - HOME. However Howell & Brian travelled home to South Wales and I returned to work (very sad I know). I would like to thank Katrin & Clemens for a great weekend, and meeting up with so many nice people, and thanks Clem for the ride out on Sunday. I really hope we can make next years event in France. Joe / Gerald I need your home address's I have a DVD for you.RegardsRoger
Gerald Pleace

Post by Gerald Pleace »

Glad everyone got home (or back to work) OK. Also glad to have Howell, Roger and Brian around when I needed to borrow a decent plug spanner which had been considerately brought all the way from Wales just for me to use.Also thanks for you all for coming back to see where we were when the Norton decided to oil up the plug.We may have missed a bit of the ride back to see the view of Lubeck from the 'mountain' but had a good time eating and watching huge ships going by before returning to the treffen site.Looking forward to seeing Roger's on bike film of large green motorcycles etc riding back to Lubeck.Thanks again to everyone for making it a very good meeting and hope all have booked time in diaries to repeat the experience next year when we will hopefully be able to meet up and have another laugh/good time.Gerald
Brian

Post by Brian »

I would just like to say that I had a brilliant time. It was great to meet so many new people and Lubeck is such a lovely place. Thanks to everyone for making it such an enjoyable experience and it would be good if we could meet up again in the not too distant future. Very Happy.All the best,Brian.
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Gerald I thought you posted your address on here? my e-mail is: roger_needs@yahoo.co.uk CheersRog