Tech/Ref;

johnbirchjar

Tech/Ref;

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,Floridamike has come up with a good idea,a "Technicle Reference" page,what do you think?J.B. smiley
FloridaMike

Re: Tech/Ref;

Post by FloridaMike »

Its because I'm lazy . . . I'm seeing the same questions and requests on a fairly regular basis - "Who has a wiring diagram for X?" and "What are the settings/clearances for Y?"So why are we reinventing the wheel every time someone needs something?Howzabout (technical term) we set up a category on the homepage "Tech reference". There could be four subcategories, Norton, Hercules/DKW, RE-5, other. Reference materials for each category would reside there.That way, when someone asks for a schematic for a UK version W-2000, it will already be there ;-) just go download it.I've got five schematics for the W-2000, early, late, UK, US, NL/EU, and I'd be happy to send them along.Other "candidates" for inclusion in their respective categories might be scans of the owner's manuals, workshop manuals, parts lists, perhaps a hints and tips page, and now that I think on it, a vendors/suppliers list.Help us, oh mighty code warrior of the ROC, you're our only hope . . .
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

If it can be done it would be a seriously useful feature, absolutely no doubt.Particularly so for those who are new to a particular bike.Can we do it?Mick.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi Graham,Can the site accommodate this?David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Come on Graham,Oh wizard of the keyboard cool ,J.B.
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

Another candidate for the "other" section of the "Tech Reference" category: Right now there's a thread involving the KM37 drone engine, someone has a manual he's kindly offered to copy and post to someone in the NL. This kind of thing is a perfect item to put into and have in the library for download. I'd sure be interested in looking at it, even though I don't have a KM37.I notice the board is run on phpBB - this is the software that makes it work - it should not be awfully difficult to add the Technical Reference Library to it. (Of course, that's what ALL software vendors say, the reality is often quite different.) Sounds like this could be a very useful and valuable addition to the group, for no money and not a lot of time.If I say "pretty please"?Best,FloridaMike
jeff2213

Post by jeff2213 »

i agree being new to rotarys need information on almost everything ,it would be a great help jeff