Ign; Box, (Part 2)

johnbirchjar

Ign; Box, (Part 2)

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,I am in dire need of some technical help, Dave Green came up trumps with his old Boyer Ign; Box,(it arrived yesterday) and I have spent all day wiring the thing up,the bike starts up ok,but I am getting no throttle response,there are three spare wires on the bike loom that I don't seem to be able to join to the Ign; Box, they are all in one plug,(two white&yellow running into one pin) and one black,(all males)positioned just aft of the potrol tank, also am I correct in thinking that ALL black wires are earth?+ do's the red wire from the VCR plug into a white wire for the battery?the three wires for the coils are matching coloures in and out of the plug,? the two blue wires are not "handed) and orang to orange for "starter boost" I have a wiring diagram for the Classic but it is not very clear,(not to me anyway red face ) I was hoping to get the old girl up and running for the NOCs,national ralley this weekend, but it now looks like a no,no.(fingers crossed I can make it to our gathering at Ingatestone on the 9th)so answeres please guys smiley ride safe,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Re: Ign; Box, (Part 2)

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,adding to the above,Horn relay block(three purple one green) going to the relay, then in the loom a 4.0 gauge brown&red and one2.5 black, also in the loom a 2.5 orange solo, then a two pin block with a red&black 1.5 and another orange solo, (also 1.5) thats two orange (one fat one skinny) both in the same loom!! most confusing,J.B.
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

Hi John Pleased the box was of some use sorry I can't help with advice a bit beyond me R N will probably be along soon. Hope to see it at ingatestone. D G
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

[quote="johnbirchjar"]the bike starts up ok,but I am getting no throttle response,there are three spare wires on the bike loom that I don't seem to be able to join to the Ign; Box, they are all in one plug,(two white&yellow running into one pin) and one black,(all males)positioned just aft of the potrol tank,White/yellow is usually the live feed for ignition; black is always ground/earth. I don't have a wiring diagram so I can't think what went into that connection. Your ignition works so it must be getting power, but are you sure you've connected it to the correct plug on the loom. There is another in that area, I think, for the voltage regulator output, maybe red?do's the red wire from the VCR plug into a white wire for the battery?I don't think so! The white wire comes from the ignition switch, whereas the regulator output should go directly to the battery via a brown/blue wire I think. That might be the connector you've plugged the ignition into. the three wires for the coils are matching coloures in and out of the plug,?Yes, black/white, black/yellow, and brown/white the two blue wires are not "handed)No, both same and orang to orange for "starter boost"Yes I think your lack of acceleration may be that you've plugged the ignition feed into the regulator output. The plugs and sockets, although the same type of two-pin connector, should be different colours, one pair white and one pair red.Good Luck1R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
mickm

Post by mickm »

Hi JB. Fi your still having problems!! You can come over to Halstead and check out the wiring on mine.07831 677825 will get me. Mick wink