Commander gearbox oil

NedSmart

Commander gearbox oil

Post by NedSmart »

Hi,can anybody recommend a supplier for Commander gearbox oil -I am assuming 85/140 is still the prefered choice Even better if they can also supply Silkoline classic synthetic.Blank faces all 'round at my local motorfactors .They could not sell me some ordinary 10-40W because the computer/till did'nt have my reg'number !!!You could damage your engine with the wrong oil said the spotty youth behind the counter.
rustynuts

Re: Commander gearbox oil

Post by rustynuts »

I bought some Motaquip 85/140 from my local motor factors. Motoquip supply independant motor factors; there might be one in your area. I just looked on Ebay and five litres is available there for fifteen quid.Opie oils sell both 80/140 and Classic 2T pre-mix, I have used them before and they seem OK. I think the club now has some stock of pre-mix.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Try Ernest Doe the agricultural vehicle suppliers.Derek.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

I'll echo what Derek says .... the oil is the same as many farmers use in their tractors etcDavid
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Morris oils do a good 85W140 I use that.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I'll go along with Del Boy,tractor oil works fine in my Classic's g/box,ride safe,J.B.
NedSmart

Post by NedSmart »

Thanks for the replies to my query about oils,bought 2ltrs of 85\140 and 5ltrs of classic silkoline pro synthetic from Opie oils .Good ,fast service and rotary club discount Give them a try.