brake light switches

commando-rotary

brake light switches

Post by commando-rotary »

I have just dicovered that goodridge do both the front and rear switches for the IP2 (and presumably the classic). I have just purchased a pair online from MERLIN MOTORSPORT the thread by the way is M10 x 1. I hope this is of help to someone as one of mine ceased to work and the other needed a lot of pressure, I'm sure this is age related and the internal diaphrams have gone hard.ride safe D G
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: brake light switches

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi Dave,Is it a straight swap for the IP2 item .... or is bodging required?How does the Goodridge price compare to the KTM item which has also been recommended?David
commando-rotary

Hi David I have yet to receive them but the specification is such that it is a straight swop with no bodging the rear is £14.44 and the front £7.85. I will post results when fitted but I am expecting no issues. D G
commando-rotary

Now fitted no bodging they work and fit perfectly.D G
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Dave did you have a part number for both switches?
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
commando-rotary

Thier part numbers are front BPS-1-M, rear G-BL992-31C. Although the numbers do not appear until you have clicked on "more info" the front one is at the top of the page and marked metric the rear is single banjo with M10x1 thread. the front one is actually a taper thread as opposed the original which relies totally on the copper washer. I have fitted two copper washers rather than stress the small ally manifold, Just as a slightly side issue I always anneal my copper washers before assembly it may be a bit belt and braces but it does help to seal first time (i hate brake fluid).D G
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....