Oil capacity

bodgerbloke52

Oil capacity

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

pics 084.jpg
Over here on the frontier of the Pacific NW, travel miles can be high. 6500 round trip East coast, 3500 California from Spokane Washington. The SilKolene elixir that my Commander demands is not available on the road unless pre organised. To over come this problem I have put my tin-Smith hat on and fabricated the attached 1/2 gal US capacity tank.As I have gone with a single Odysey battery, the left battery carrier is ideal place to install the new can. I now have a max range of 4500 miles, 3500 safe at 375 miles per pint. Tother tank in the photo is my catch tank from the planum chamber that gets tossed back into the main tank as needs be. It keeps the left plug clean and cuts down hill smoke.Roger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Boy

Re: Oil capacity

Post by Dell Boy »

Neat!Derek.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

By my sums, 375 miles/US pint is 826 miles/litre. I presume that includes the recycled oil?Excellent!
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
bodgerbloke52

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

Richard On my inaugural sortie of 935 miles up Mt Baker it took 2 1/2 pints to refill the oil tank which did include about a 1/4 pint from the catch tank.Is this consumpsion about right for modest speed?Roger
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Well done Batman you put JR to shame Very Happy Ride SafeAndy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
bodgerbloke52

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

AndyI am out of the loop over here, no idea who JR is except the bloke from Dallas who is also in the oil capacity business.Roger
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Hi RogerYou new all along really? cool I agree you have done a worth while upgrade to your Rotary having two batteries is a bit of an over kill if not using lights and radio as intended and using one of the spaces for an oil collector container. The name JR is the fictional character from Dallas seen in the eighties. He wasted oil not like you saving it to be reused again in your trusted steed. wink Ride safeAndy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Roger,I was allways under the impresion that Norton rotaries were not sold in the U.S.of A.because of the stiff emmision reg's and to use one was illegal an why they are a bit "thin on the ground" over there,ride safe, J.B.
bodgerbloke52

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

JohnIt depends on age of bike.Roger.