W2000 CV carb

Assen

W2000 CV carb

Post by Assen »

Hi,Who knows at witch notch from the top, the needle needs to be fitted in the throttleslide assembly in a Bing CV carb from a DKW W2000.There are 4 notches on the needle, so 3 chances to get it wrong!!Thanks, Jannes
FloridaMike

Re: W2000 CV carb

Post by FloridaMike »

I'd like to know, too.And while we're there, where do the various vacuum and oil hoses go? I have the screw-in idle stabilizer capsule and it checks good, what does it connect to? (I suspect the vacuum tap on the inlet manifold.) I also lack the autolube plumbing diagram.Inquiring minds want to know ;-)Best Regards,FloridaMike
Assen

Post by Assen »

No reaction....... bit dissapointing as there are several Deek-owners in the club with a workshopmanual...... Groet, Jannes
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

I have an engine manual and a gearbox manual for my W2000, unfortunately neither of them directly deal with the carburettor beyond basic adjustment settings, however there is one comment which may help as follows."If the engine shows a bad transition behaviour from the idling speed, hang the jet needle in needle position (NP) III"What that tells you is that it wasn't in NP three as standard, and at a guess if the object is to enrich the mixture then it was in NP II....position 2 from the blunt end of the needle......unless anyone knows otherwise.As to the idle stabiliser take off point, I recently replaced mine with the solid substitute as it was knackered and if I recall correctly it was connected to a take off point on the inlet manifold which on mine is now capped.I would love to see more W2000 input here as there is precious little anywhere else.I will start the ball rolling with a new post...........Mick.........kettle738
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

Mick,Thanks for the info on the idle stabilizer plumbing, that will help me. I've checked the module and finds it holds pressure, which I'm told is the check for good/bad. Don't know if it moves yet - we'll see.I still have to figure out the autolube plumbing - mine is a '75 with the pump. I think it is a Yamaha pump, not sure. What I intend to do is make the first half tank of fuel pre-mix so that if the pump is dead/doesn't work/is seriously misadjusted, I won't cook the rotor seals on startup.I anticipate this project to move a little faster as I have finally completed installing lights in my hangar and can now see what the heck I'm doing when I'm working on stuff. The Hercules won't be a stock restoration, it will be a "modernized" version, along the lines of what this bike would look like if it had been built in 2015 or 2020, not 1975. There's a set of three-spoke mag wheels awaiting, an HID headlamp, and some other goodies.Part of "the plan" is not to cut or alter *anything* so the bike can be restored to stock condition later if I decide I don't like what I've done - always have an escape route!I'm also open to suggestions as to what might be incorporated in the "New 2015 Hercules Rotary" motorcycle.Best Regards,FloridaMike
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Hi Mike, I have just checked my bike and I had given you incorrect information, the vacuum take off point for the idle stabiliser is actually on the right side of the carb.The first picture shows the bike when I first got it, the vacuum hose is the slightly browned clear pipe that passes underneath the inlet manifold, loops round and takes it's vacuum source from the carb.The second shot I took just now, it shows a black rubber cap on the vacuum stub on the carb. That is where your idle stabiliser needs to hook up to.Sorry for the confusion, but that is correct.Regards..............Mick.............kettle738
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Further to the last, it turns out the basic carb data is published in the W2000 owners handbook.The attached photo shows the information; the carb needle is position 2 as previously discussed.Mick..........kettle738
Assen

Post by Assen »

Hi Mick!Thank you for the info. Now i can put my Carb together again! Groet, Jannes
mstrpeter

Post by mstrpeter »

Mick Taylor wrote:Further to the last, it turns out the basic carb data is published in the W2000 owners handbook.The attached photo shows the information; the carb needle is position 2 as previously discussed.Mick..........kettle738
does anyone still have this info (the attached picture, which it sounds like had all the base settings)? I'm trying to get a w2000 on the road which is basically ready to go, but when it was sold the carb was set to run without the intake boot installed. I'm trying to figure where I need to start from in order to get this carb sorted out :-(
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Yes, I still have the page with that information.........send me your e mail address and I will forward it.Regards................Mick.
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Or.......better still, perhaps I should just upload it again......Doh!Mick.
mstrpeter

Post by mstrpeter »

fantastic, thank you very much! This forum is by far the best resource for the w2000 that I have found
mstrpeter

Post by mstrpeter »

Mick Taylor wrote:I have an engine manual and a gearbox manual for my W2000, unfortunately neither of them directly deal with the carburettor beyond basic adjustment settings, however there is one comment which may help as follows.
Mick, can you scan the gearbox manual and upload it?I am working on a w2000 which is leaking oil from the exhaust after running for about 20 seconds (proceeds to flood out)The owner has changed the gearbox oil, and when he bought it Jess at Rotary Recycle had it running perfectly fine, I was there myself actually.I think the gearbox has been overfilled and oil is being pulled through the output shaft seal. so.... I want to make sure the level is correct and have no manuals for the bike...Please help :-)
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Unfortunately I no longer have my W2000 and the various manuals went with it. I suspect someone on this site with a W2000 will tell you where the level plug is, but failing that the best immediate source for W2000 technical literature is possibly this place in Germany.http://www.schreiber-zweiradshop.de/Look just above the search (suche) block and you will see W2000 at the top left corner of a line of options.Click on that, then Tech Dokumentation from the drop down list, I think you will find all that you need there along with motor and chassis parts sections as well..........and it looks like they accept Paypal now.Good luck...............Mick.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

There is an oil level hole (& bolt) for the gearbox, just by the kickstarter.Remove the bolt (or plug) and oil should just start to dribble out.A little overfilling should not really matter as long as the breather is clear; there should be a pipe pushed onto the breather nipple at the rear and on top of the gearbox, venting to atmosphere.DavidPS/ I have seen at least one W2000 where the owner has thought this was a battery breather tube and connected it to their battery!!!
mstrpeter

Post by mstrpeter »

kanonkopdrinker wrote:There is an oil level hole (& bolt) for the gearbox, just by the kickstarter.Remove the bolt (or plug) and oil should just start to dribble out.A little overfilling should not really matter as long as the breather is clear; there should be a pipe pushed onto the breather nipple at the rear and on top of the gearbox, venting to atmosphere.DavidPS/ I have seen at least one W2000 where the owner has thought this was a battery breather tube and connected it to their battery!!!
OK sounds great, am I correct in my research that the reccomended oil is 10w40 motorcycle oil? When o drains the gearbox it had 80/90 gear oil in it...
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Nope, the gear oil is correct; grade EP80 is what was recommended. A tad under 2 litres I believe....David