Stainless Dzus Fastners

andygbsmith

Stainless Dzus Fastners

Post by andygbsmith »

Does anyone know where you can get the Dzus fairing fastners in S/steel used on the Commander.Andy
Wayne

Re: Stainless Dzus Fastners

Post by Wayne »

Hi AndyThe Nrs and Duckhams bikes used Aluminium version identical to the commander (i have had to use commander ones till i find some) I f i come across some stainless ones i will let you Know, like wise if you come across some aluminium ones will you let me know. Regards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Andy, are they the same one's as used to hold the carburator cover side pannels on the Classic? if so I think I may have some,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Reading Wayns reply I think the one's I have are aluminium,I will check, J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Yep, they are alli,(at least the ones on the bike are)I bought mine from Shenstone(I hav'nt a clue why,or where they are now,must be in the w/shop somewhere red face !!)but if they are required by one of you guys I will have a rummage,ride safe,J.B.
Howell

Post by Howell »

Hello,I have found some good quality stainless fasteners on the "Bike Devils" site, made by Pro-Bolt. They are not direct replacements however, as they require the original receptor plates to be replaced by riveted on ones. Judicious filing of the mounting plates at the rear, and the glassfibre of the radiator cowl is needed to maintain centrality. Also, they are smaller diameter and could do with some "top hat" type spacers being turned up from nylon or stainless. I think this is worth the effort however, as they are a big improvement on the by now, aged plated originals. They are available as D ring type, or allen headed. Now for the bad news! Total cost for 4 off 19mm fasteners, 6 off 14mm fasteners and 10 riveted type receptor plates is about £68 including VAT & postage.