W2000

Assen

W2000

Post by Assen »

Hi,Just bought a DKW W2000 in the UK, and straightaway i have some questions. Hope someone can help! How many DKW's were originaly imported in the UK? What are the colorcodes of the grey paint on the frame and the red paint on the petroltank? The first type! Can a Deek, like the Norton run on Silkolene? Ratio 1;25, or is 1;40 ok? In 1975 Bike-magazine brought 3 Deeks over from Germany, does anyone know the registrationnumbers? Mine is WTS660T Anyone heard of Ian Alexander Dudd? The first owner. Lived in Perth in the seventies. Who sells parts beside Rotaryrecycle?Gratefull for your help!!Groet, Jannes
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: W2000

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi,Just bought a DKW W2000 in the UK, and straightaway i have some questions. Hope someone can help!How many DKW's were originaly imported in the UK?Hi Jannes,As far as I know, the figure stands at around 80 machines +/-,[/size]What are the colorcodes of the grey paint on the frame and the red paint on the petroltank? The first type!No idea - sorryCan a Deek, like the Norton run on Silkolene? Ratio 1;25, or is 1;40 ok?Yes it can. I have heard that 30:1 should be about right. The original petroil ratio was 25:1 but the Silkolene, being a superior oil than Castrol Super TT was in 1975 may be used at the reduced rate.In 1975 Bike-magazine brought 3 Deeks over from Germany, does anyone know the registrationnumbers? Mine is WTS660TI don't believe that yours was one of the three, JannesAnyone heard of Ian Alexander Dudd? The first owner. Lived in Perth in the seventies.He was never a member of the ROC as I recall; certainly the name doesn't ring any bells. George Peddie (ROC member No.3 from Perth might know him?) Who sells parts beside Rotaryrecycle?Have a look at Sachs-Schreiber in Mannheim on the internet; they have some W2000 parts. The ROC has some W2000 bits too. Hans-Heinrich Duensing in Germany often advertises parts (usually in the Hercules Wankel IG newsletter) Gratefull for your help!!Groet, Jannes
Assen

Post by Assen »

Hi David,Thanks for the info!! 80 bikes you say? That are a lot more than i would have expected! Wonder how many are still around?Mine is from 1975 but first hit the road in 1978!! I'll bet there are bikes that had stood for even longer in the showroom!Groet, Jannes
Assen

Post by Assen »

I have found the colorcodes!For those of you who have a W2000 without the oilpump, the red petroltank has a RAL 3002 paint-number. Karminred!The frame has RAL 9006 as paint-number, or also suitable; BMW Stirlingsilbermetalic.Perhaps this is usefull for W2000 owners whitin our club!Groet, Jannes