HELP Minimag Digital Ignition System

COLIN. R.B.

HELP Minimag Digital Ignition System

Post by COLIN. R.B. »

I have bought a minimag TT1 digital ignition unit from Startright. Can anyone help with more detailed information on fitting this Commander unit on an Interpol.*edited post*Success, I've worked it out for myself. Many thanks Gripper! Coliin.(colin.crb@btinternet.com)
gripper

Re: HELP Minimag Digital Ignition System

Post by gripper »

Colin, it's a bit late to go grubbing around in the garage but I converted mine about three months ago. I'll take a look at where the orange wire went and try and get back to you tomorrow.
graham

Post by graham »

Hello Colin, Gripper, Felt terribly guilty when Colin 'phoned today I had 6 customers in the shop, I was on my own and every time I tried to serve somenone, the 'phone rang!!Colin, if you don't mind, we'll keep the thread going to help other people in the same situation.Last job for me this evening, I'll 'repair' any broken download links on the tech info side of the Startright site. Sorry red face Many thanks to all who help out with tech answers, the forum is fast becoming an excellent source of information.Graham
gripper

Post by gripper »

Hi Colin, I've used a couple of piggy back type spade connectors and connected as follows, Black from the digi box piggy backs onto black at the ignition relay (earth) Orange piggy backs onto yellow and white at the ignition relay (live with ignition on) I didn't use the red, I think that was for sidestand cutout. You may need to replace your coils and I replaced mine with two normal 12v PVM items If you use 6V you may need a ballast resistor in the white common earth wire from the coils. Richard Negus enlightened me on this forum as to the operating of the Hitachi coils used in conjunction with the Sparkrite ign box.Dave E