No no no no NO!

Richard Negus

No no no no NO!

Post by Richard Negus »

I've been changing the chain gaiters on a Classic, removed the old rivet link, fitted the new gaiters to the gearbox end, fitted a new rivet link and before finally sealing the wheel end of the lower gaiter, gave the wheel a spin - and found this accident waiting to happen. I should really have noticed it when the old gaiters were off, but wasn't looking for a second link in the chain.
No no no no NO.jpg
I despair !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Re: No no no no NO!

Post by Interpol2471 »

mmm have you been reversing your pictures Richard or is that very naughty cry
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

Look at the bright side - at least you found this the EASY way, as in "Dang, lookie here, guys!"You're quite correct, you could have also found this the HARD way, as in BANG - "OH SH*T!"Back when we used crossbows to hunt pterodactyls I had a motorcycle repair shop on the south end of Miami Beach. (The area is MUCH gentrified these days.) Someone brought me an ancient BSA complaining that it rode real hard . . . yep, sure did, seeing as someone had filled the front fork tubes with cement. Moral - assume nothing when working on motorcycles. The most dangerous thing in aviation is a pilot with a screwdriver. Same seems to apply to some motorcycle owners and riders.Best Regards,FloridaMike
gripper

Post by gripper »

Nice quality photo!!
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Interpol2471 wrote:mmm have you been reversing your pictures Richard or is that very naughty cry
It's very VERY naughty ! Whoever did it should have an honorable mention in the Darwin Awards.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
MrB

Post by MrB »

I came across this on an AJS 650 primary drive. Thought I'd check it all over after I found a few bodges soon after buying it. One of the links didn't look right so I took the chain off and found a second link on the chain with the spring link on the inside, and with the spring facing the wrong way. It does make you wonder...