OIL

BANJOMAN

OIL

Post by BANJOMAN »

I am using Vanellus 40 in my Commander. Is anyone else using this or does anyone know if this is not okay to use?Just thought I would ask? smiley
Dell Boy

Re: OIL

Post by Dell Boy »

Who makes that & how much is it? I use Comma HD30 `cos I can buy it round the corner & it`s cheap!!! Derek.
BANJOMAN

Post by BANJOMAN »

It's BP. I think the last 20L drum I bought was around £30. It says it's a monograde oil for diesel engines exclaim
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

30 quid for 20Ltrs is well cheap!but I'm allways a bit wary of trying different oils, 'cos if one gets it wrong i'ts bloody expensive!! so I'll stick with the Rotella.J.B.
Ian

Post by Ian »

I remember many years ago being told that oil is cheaper than metal, so always use the right oil and change it on time.My Commander had Comp 2 Premix as initial fill, and always has had it. Probably far from the cheapest and maybe no longer state of the art, but I'll stick with what I know.Nice to know about the emergency alternatives though. Does Comp 2 mix with them, in case I get caught short?Ian
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I obtained some comp 2 from the Norton race team when I ran short at last years T.T. & tipped it straight in the tank & stirred it up a bit with the HD30 that was in there. I have suffered no ill effects & neither has the bike since then. Derek.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hang on guys,I'm getting mixed messages here, did'nt Richard(and I think Gripper) say that mixing comp2 with mono oil was a deffinate nono?J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I cant remember who it was but I suspect it was Malc said that when the Police changed supplier to Silkolene for the oil they just topped up and did not drain without any due issues to engine or oil. I myself drained my tank fully when changing from Rotella to Comp 2 but then again I have no life red face
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....