turbo

steve traynor

turbo

Post by steve traynor »

has a turbo ever been tried to force cooling air through the centre of engine?
graham

Re: turbo

Post by graham »

There is a problemTurbochargers needs a reliable oil supply at pressure. First job is to design a sump and a high pressure pump, then a feed and return to and from the turbo. On overrun, turbo speed can rise to 200000 rpm. Working speed can be 100000 so the bearing always need a good oil feed. Water cooling of the bearing housing is often required too. Why not keep it simple with an exhaust ejector. They don't have to be noisy.Graham.
steve traynor

Re: turbo

Post by steve traynor »

mine is! didnt think of turbos needs just thought it might provide fan cooling to engine core, cheers graham
Richard Negus

What you want is..........

Post by Richard Negus »

......... one of the little beauties I've just added to the Gallery !Driven by toothed belt from a pulley fixed on the O D of the generator rotor at about a 7 : 1 ratio and the outlet ducted to the normal air inlets.Outlet from the centre plate ducted to a muff around the silencer to disperse the smoke.Then decent carburettors and run on 100:1 fuel/oil mix (or a four outlet oil pump) to lubricate the apex seals.Result ? Street legal noise is possible with a useful increase in power or, alternatively, a bit more noise and a lot more power.Seemples!R.Not that I'm encouraging anyone to use a noisy, smoky, bike on public roads, you understand ........
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!