Liftbar Classic

Assen

Liftbar Classic

Post by Assen »

I've seen a few Classics that have a chrome liftbar (probably the wrong word?) on both sides of the bike.
The Classic that Richard N had (the watercooled one), also had these on both sides.
The left one is standard, is the right one homemade? Or can i buy one somewhere, not Anil i think?
With the lift bar i mean the bar you pull on to get the bike on the centrestand.
All info welcome!!

Thanks, Jannes.
Richard Negus

Re: Liftbar Classic

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Jannes,
The chrome-plated bar is the same for both sides, but the bracket at the rear of the bar, hidden behind the plastic panel, is handed left and right.
It is possible to bend a left side bracket to make it into a right side one.
Now go find a bar and bracket! AN don't appear to have either.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Way back in the early two thousands(when I first began to attend rallies and needed a N/S Liftbar to anchor Bungie straps too wink) I had Shenstone have one made up for me.I was lead to believe they are not "handed",so any half decent engineering w/shop can make one up for you,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Oooops!didn't read Richards post properly red face,I will have a look at my Classic tomorrow and report back as to how I attached the N/Side Liftbar,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Further to yesterdays post.I looked up the invoice from Shenstone,dated 04/07/2002 (yes I do still have it,along with the invoice every item I ever baught for the old girl cool)and it says nothing about an "Anchor Plate", so weather it was already on the bike I know not,and I have no invoice for having one made,but there again,I may well have made one myself,but I think I would have remembered if I had.J.B.
David Rodgers

Post by David Rodgers »

I would like a lifting handle for the offside of the Classic, useful for two people lifting or bungee strap attachment!
If anyone knows of a source or enough people likewise would want one, to have some made, count me in!
Assen

Post by Assen »

Classic liftbar 1.JPG
Classic liftbar 1.JPG
It seems that indeed you can use the bar left and right. Only a small hight difference.
And a litlle bend on the end.
How lucky can i be that by accident i found this bar in the loft of my garage. Came from my Interpol 2 days.
Completely forgotten that i had it....

Jannes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Jannes,
You could put the IP2 bar on the left side and the Classic one on the right.
That would give you a better handle for lifting onto the main stand.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Slightly different from the Classic(if memory serves wink)but it looks like it will work cool,stay virus free,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

In addition to my previous post.
Me being "Vertically Challenged wink" I always used the pillion footrest to heave the bike onto the centre stand,(and ditto with the Honda,)SVF,J.B.