Commander flatspot

paulwolf

Commander flatspot

Post by paulwolf »

Hi Guys ,My commander starts fine and but when it gets to running temperature i have a flat spot and it hesitates just as i opens the throttle,if i open the throttle more the flat spot disappears and the bike picks up and goes.It doesn't seem to happen when the engine is getting up to temperature and the engine runs fine when cruising.Any one else had this problem?.Thanks Paul .
johnbirchjar

Re: Commander flatspot

Post by johnbirchjar »

It is not uncommon to get this problem while the engine is warming up,not so much when the engine is at working temp:Could your temp:gauge be telling lies? or do you get this prob:all the time?also is this a recent development?More info please,J.B.
paulwolf

Post by paulwolf »

Hi John,Thanks for the reply,If i remember correctly it was ok last year and i noticed the problem when i first rode it this year after not be used for a few months.It happens most of the time when the engine is up to temperature at low revs and the throttle slightly open and if i open the throttle jerking disappears and the bike picks up,I just don't know were to look,i have changed the plugs,cleaned the connections between the electronic ignition and removed one carb to see if there was any build up of crap in the float chamber but it was clean.Thanks Paul
paulwolf

Post by paulwolf »

Cleaned some more connectors going go to the coils and every other connector i could see with WD40 and after a test ride of 10 miles all seems ok again and ready for the IOM in Aug.Cheers Paul
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Happy Days exclaim Very Happy ride safe,J.B.