French Advancer

Interpol2471

French Advancer

Post by Interpol2471 »

For those who read my article some years ago in the club mag or in Real Classic Magazine the mythical Sachs engined bike is at long last resting in my workshop.
I have found the frame builder Mr. Whitlock of Beamish Suzuki fame now to find Colin French to let him know the one and only French is back in circulation Very Happy
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Interpol2471

Re: French Advancer

Post by Interpol2471 »

Stripped to engine now as compression low from standing 30 years hopefully just a lovely clean and freshen up but before stripping after soaking in oil redex and wd it tried to fire up so really positive.
May need advice from the Sachs chaps soon.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Last saw this in the flesh many years ago when it belonged to a chap who lived next to the Mid-Hants Railway; could it have been Medstead? It was, as I recall, a rather er, distinctive, metallic lime green colour.
Can you scribble something for Captain Bob to put in the newsletter please Paul?
David
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

No problem David and yes you are correct that was John he was the second owner of the lime green machine...
It makes me smile that DVLA have French down as a manufacturer for this one bike hohoho !