How to test F1 mikuni float height

andy588tt

How to test F1 mikuni float height

Post by andy588tt »

Hi

I am trying to test my F1 Mikuni carburettor float height I understand this is done with a clear pipe attached from each float bowl and the petrol will show the height of petrol inside the bowl as silly as ut seems I can not see any markings. I'm sure I've missed something any help would be grateful.

Ride safe

Andy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
Mick Taylor

Re: How to test F1 mikuni float height

Post by Mick Taylor »

There is a chart here that gives float heights for Mikuni carbs.

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/carb ... ght-chart/

However, if you are using the clear pipe method what you are looking for is the fuel height or fuel level as measured against the side of the float bowl, googling Mikuni fuel level produces many answers, but you would have to relate it to your carbs.

You could ask a Mikuni retailer such as Allens.......

Mick.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Hi Mick

Thank you all for your calls I've got it sorted a right pain Yamaha FZ 750 carbs float height with carbs as on a bike with a clear plastic tube from float bowl drain open should be level with the line on bowl very clear for Yamaha bikes.

For the Norton F1 mine are 14 mm below the line for both, I was only checking as carbs came off for another job. So do I adjust or leave?, If it's not broken I don't fix it so with I've refitted as it was back on and the bike and it runs like a charm another great mystery solved I checked for leaks when happy gave her a good thrash and all has settled down. Humm nice.

Ride Safe

Andy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Yamaha FZ750 Float height copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.