Classic Choke Cable

Mick Taylor

Classic Choke Cable

Post by Mick Taylor »

The Classic (IP2 ?) choke cable is a part that seems to be out of stock at Andover; mine works just fine, but I did notice when I last had the carbs off that one side had started to cut the strands where it has previously been over tightened......that can be cured with a little solder, but I thought I'd look for a spare just in case.

Googling the part number 92.0357 produced a numbered parts list from RJ Motorcycles of Coalville in Leicestershire http://www.rjmotorcycles.co.uk/

After a little confusion and an explanation of what I was looking for and a description, it turned out they had one in stock £30.00 plus £4.00 post.

They may have more, I couldn't get a firm answer to that question, but they have a fairly extensive parts list so it's possible they may have other rotary parts, if you have a part number it might be worth a look.

Mick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnbirchjar

Re: Classic Choke Cable

Post by johnbirchjar »

I got my last one from Graham,twenty years ago?I wanted one for the Classic,but was sent one for an IP2(Classic ones are a tad shorter so I assume he didn't have one anyway)and 50odd thousand miles later it's still going strong Very Happy,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Please ignore previous post red face,It was a CLUTCH CABLE exclaim(It's an age thing smiley)J.B.
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Clutch cables seem to be more difficult.........without going to look at the bike, I'm sure I saw Venhill printed on one or more of the cables ..... if they were the original suppliers, I wonder if they would still be able to make new ones?

Mick.