Cerakote

mickm

Cerakote

Post by mickm »

I thimking of having a local company Maldon shot blast & powder coating. Treat my exhausts with Cerakote. Any thoughts?
mick695

Re: Cerakote

Post by mick695 »

I had my Norton silencers ceramic coated by Camcoat at Warrington about a year ago... still looking good and cheaper than buying replacements.

Cheers

Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickm

Post by mickm »

I picked mine up today £125 each + vat look good now just waiting for the salt to go.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Mick,the exhausts look great.
How many miles did has your bike done?Mine look like your"Before" pic's,(I think my bike had done about 30odd thousand miles before I had thoughts about having"Something done about it" smiley)at 63,000+ I'm still thinking about it Very Happy,ride safe,J.B.
mick695

Post by mick695 »

Hi John

My bike had 93,000 miles on it when I bought it and now has 97,500 miles, I've got 7 others that need miles putting on them too Very Happy

The silencers have been through two winters now and only get washed down after a ride with water and so far are looking as good as when they were coated.

Its well worth the effort if you can be bothered to get them off the bike and pack them up etc... all in all, the price of having them coated was around the price of one new silencer... if you can buy one in good order... go on and do it, you know you want too smiley

Cheers

Mick
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Wow exclaim,97,500miles,and here's me thinking that I had the Classic with the most miles traveled.
Any engine rebuilds?mine had to be done at 57+000miles (and was just about knackered evil) needed a complete engine rebuild,the only things not needing renewing were the Rotors smiley.J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Oh,and the E/Shaft, smiley,J.B.
mick695

Post by mick695 »

Hi John

Don't worry, it's not a classic, you're record is safe Very Happy mine is a bitsa... see attached photos

Cheers

Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Very nice exclaim,Is that a "Sprint" fairing I see?(same as fitted to my bike?)Is your bike ex police Commander?IP2 conversion?original Norton water pump?come on, do tell,
I am in the process of fitting an electric water pump to the Commander engine I have installed in the Classic, but lack of room twix Rad & Water Jacket(and various other probs:)and is proving to be an absolute b*****d evil,but I persevere and (hopefully) all will come good in the end,ride safe,J.B.