IP2 rough running

Dallas

IP2 rough running

Post by Dallas »

I am hoping someone can offer some help. I am in New Zealand and have an IP2 which I recently imported from the UK. The bike starts and idles well. But on the open road there is a misfire from around 1/4 throttle through to 3/4 throttle. Under or above that it runs cleanly. Occassionally it will run on to one, then clear itself. However at times it runs well at all throttle openings, only to return to the misfiring. I have tried new plugs but that made no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the most likely cause? Thanks! Dallas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interpol2471

Re: IP2 rough running

Post by Interpol2471 »

They can run rough like that when the 'o' ring in the carb around the cold running start assy perishes and leaks causing mixture problems, other than that nice looking bike and welcome to the forum. Also what ignition set up are you using?Did you do the Superdream conversion or did you get it like that? I ask as I bought a fairing from a guy in London with exactly the same paint design 8)
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
dave perry

Post by dave perry »

Hi Dallas, what a nice looking machine, have you stripped and cleaned the carbs ? This is not too tricky, but needs to be done in surgically clean conditions, they will not tolerate the smallest piece of grit or dust. The best piece of advice is then to ride it briskly and regularly, they love it ! Good luck and let us all know how you get on, best regards
Dallas

Post by Dallas »

Hi,Thanks for the friendly welcome & the suggestions.I haven't as yet stripped & cleaned the carbs. It's next on the list.I presume the ignition is the std setup. I don't know. It's all a big learning process for me!I bought the bike off eBay last year.The previous owner now lives in Spain & I have no contact with him.So I have no record of it's history. The body work seems to be Honda CB900??? It also came with another tank/seat/panels etc in Silver with red/black pinstriping.I'm looking forward to getting this problem sorted so I can have a decent ride.Thanks for your help.Regards,Dallas