RE5 Starter Clutch

kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

RE5 Starter Clutch

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

It has been proposed to have a batch of the (unobtainable, and unique to the RE5) starter clutches made. (In USA)

Rest assured, if yours hasn't begun to fail yet, it will do eventually ... and you'll get that annoying whizzing sound as you press the starter button and it fails to engage.

Likely costs are quite dear - around 200 Pounds per unit (US $300) - but this is a one-off chance.

Email me (David) @ RotaryOC@aol.com with your orders.
Charles Wilson

Re: RE5 Starter Clutch

Post by Charles Wilson »

Let me rise to second the dire warnings.

I lost 2 starters when the sprags locked on starting and caused the starter to spin to superluminal speeds and make the starter go D - E - V - O.
It's one thing to kick start a Norton, from what I heard (I would love to get the opportunity...)

A nice, tight RE-5 is a BEAR.

CW
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi Charles,

For reasons which I am sure all Norton Rotary Owners are well aware, rotary Nortons are notoriously difficult to kick start!!!

David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

But on the other hand,they are the easiest bike in the world to push start Very Happy,1st gear,back on compression,three steps,drop the clutch,and broom exclaim,(anyway,that is how easy my Classic is cool )J.B.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

kanonkopdrinker wrote:Hi Charles,For reasons which I am sure all Norton Rotary Owners are well aware, rotary Nortons are notoriously difficult to kick start!!!
All I know is what I read in the papers.