Spark plugs and Rad: Caps

johnbirchjar

Spark plugs and Rad: Caps

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,(told you it would'nt be long wink)what I need to know is the NGK8 something Spark Plugs that I can use in the Commander engine that has the Suppressor in the plug (as opposed to it being in the Plug Cap) I fitted them one time by mistake,bike ran like a right old pile of junk,popping and banging,I stood this for about three miles,hoping that things would improve,they didn't,so out with the new plugs,in with some used ones,hey presto,status quo preserved Very Happy,and offending plugs consigned to the nearby hedge.
Second question,the "Bar" pressure on Rad Caps,mine reads "60"(I assume this means "6")even so, this equates to about 80lbs PSI (which seems an awful lot of pressure when one thinks your average car tyre operates at roughly 30lbs PSI) or am I reading this all wrong?(I havn't fitted an expansion tank,not enough room behind the Triumph fairing)and what would be the outcome if I fitted a cap with lower "Bar" setting? J.B.
mike_500

Re: Spark plugs and Rad: Caps

Post by mike_500 »

hi john i run ngk c8e in my commander if you need the resistor plug its ngk cr8e and my owners manual states filler cap operating pressure is 1.1 bar regards mike
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks for the info Mike Very Happy,rgds,J.B.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi, i don't mean to hijack this thread, but i have got replace the two pipes that go from the radiator to the expansion bottle, if the maximum pressure of the system is only 1.1 bar, does anyone know if i could use normal petrol pipe as replacement, rather then hunt down two small lengths of high pressure hose ?, { i'm thinking of the black unleaded hose with a re enforcing type cord }, thanks Dave
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Dave,you could try brake pipe hose,I would think that it is well strong enough wink and very easy to come by,J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Brake hose is extremely small bore; I don’t know what a minimum diameter might be for your proposed application.

David
mike_500

Post by mike_500 »

expansion hose is usually 6mm or 10mm readily available from any good motor factors usually 1 metre lengths regards mike