radiators

johnbirchjar

radiators

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,s'me again,trying to find a radiator that will fit the Classic is developing into quite a problem evil.
The F1& F1Sport are quite a bit slimmer than Commanders,so how much smaller was the radiator fitted to those machines,and do's anyone know the dimensions?'cos I am thinking,do I realy need a radiator that's as big as the one fitted to my Bora? exclaim.
Richard sent me pictures of the the Classic look alike that he converted to water cooled,used the Commander radiator but retained the manual water pump + no fairing so no problem,he also sent pic's of the Commander he converted to an electric W/pump,but the radiator looks completely different to the one I have +he is much cleverer than me and his workshop is fully equiped cool.I await your response wink,ride safe,J.B.
Joe

Re: radiators

Post by Joe »

Hello JB,
Contact Kev Traynor again he uses a different rad. in his Commander engine'd Kwak ZZR400. He was telling me about it recently but I cant even begin to remember what it came from, sorry.
Regards, Joe
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi jo

My memory may be playing trick but i am sure richard told me that the come on the f1 and Commander are the same it was just the carbs that were differant.

The road they modify was reliant.

Regards wayne.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Wayne wrote:Hi jo

My memory may be playing trick but i am sure richard told me that the core on the f1 and Commander are the same it was just the caps that were differant.

The rads they modify was reliant.

Regards wayne.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks guys,anyone know how I can contact Kev Traynor?I believe his brother is a club member smileyJ.B.
steve traynor

Post by steve traynor »

hi ithink kevs rad is from a yamaha r1 curved , which he made brackets to fit into zx4 space .water pump is a davis craig with electronic controller so runs at variable speeds steve
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks guys,rad problem solved.
Having spent hours "surfing" and having also raked through bike breakers( with little or no success,) I'm having to resort to have one made, cool. B****y expensive though,nearly four hundred quid evil"It's the labour that costs guv"
Hopefully the bike will be ready before the bad weather arrives,I will report anon,ride safe,J.B.