Interpol 'will not start when hot

nednortonrider

Interpol 'will not start when hot

Post by nednortonrider »

I've sonic cleaned the SU's and i'm fairly sure they are pretty close to a std setting . The engine starts o.k from cold and warms up .It settles to a good even tick over but if I stop the engine I've got no chance of it re-starting .The carbs were cleaned for this reason .I have the digital system from Graham at startright . I haven't noticed if the red and green are flashing during warm up but I do not have any l.e.d Lights when warmed up . I believe I should have a green showing when warm. I.ve tried disconnecting the thermo switch wires but it makes no difference .Any ideas ??? I want to get it run in ready to go to the classic TT and am running out of time and faith with it . Cheers ned .
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Re: Interpol 'will not start when hot

Post by Anthony Duffield »

Ned,

See attached description of the LED sequence hopefully it will help.

A hot engine that will not start is often due to a lack of compression, not sure if the rotaries are the same. Once warmed up will it run well and pull hard?

Let us know what you find

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickm

Post by mickm »

Hi
When it is running listen to the intake, if you here a chock chock sound it sounds like the dreaded smeared side plates.
All i can say i hope not. Mick
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Ned,
Try shorting the two connections of the ballast resistor together, it may be breaking down when hot though usually it would start whilst the starter button is depressed and cut out when the button is released. Shorting it out will supply a full 12volts to the coils rather than six but It wont do any harm short term. I ran my bike like this for years before getting around to replacing the coils for 12 volt type.
Regards, Joe.