F1 Sport Norton TT

holger999

F1 Sport Norton TT

Post by holger999 »

Hello,Unfortunately strike my Norton after 65 mls on my planned travel TT 2016.The Temp went slightly higher within a minute ... and loud noises coming from the engine.I'm looking for Exploded and instructions for removing the engine.it may possibly be the water pump?or I have to think of a greater harm?32,000 mls without trouble...best regardsHolger
Wayne

Re: F1 Sport Norton TT

Post by Wayne »

Hi holgerThe only thing i am aware of is the parts manual. Norton never did a workshop manual for the F1 or F1 sport.Regards wayne.
Interpol2471

Re: F1 Sport Norton TT

Post by Interpol2471 »

You can remove the water pump easily without much work, just remove the body panel and hang the front fairing forward with lots of rag / blanket.The water pump is then seen on the front of the primary case held by two short and two long screws, remove these and the whole assy comes away including the bearing. This is held in the back of the housing with a circlip.When you remove it be careful with the coupling that sits on the end of the eccentric shaft. When you remove the water pump you also remove the engine feed pipe so make sure you order new o rings also.Hope this helps.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....