stators

johnbirchjar

stators

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,is there a differance between the stators fitted to Classics, Commanders and FIs? 'cos while investigating the nasty noise evil coming from the engine on the Classic I noticed the little copper? tops on the windings of the stator were starting to lift and brush lightly on the magnets(no,this isn't the source of the noise,we ran the bike with the stator and plate off wink)rgds,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Re: stators

Post by johnbirchjar »

Come on guys!!someone must know(Andover Norton do not have them in stock)J.B.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Watage, comander and f1 same ac bikes differant.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Will it do any harm to fit an F1/Commander stator to an air cooled bike?J.B.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi jbTo the best of my knowledge comander/f1 genoratorss are unavalable, graham gets them rewound. Afew people have bought the ones of ebay. Regards wayne.
wust588

Post by wust588 »

Commander / F1& F1 Sport generators can be obtained from Graham and I imagine from Yamaha dealers.The generator fitted to the Classic and Interpol is not the same as the one fitted to the above. Try Graham for either.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I have contacted Graham and he is getting an old one re-wound for me.Duering my "surf" I found a company that has new stators for Commanders& F1s,hence my inquiary "Could they be used in a Classic" It seems not,ride safe,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

John if you are removing all of this are you getting your engine removed from your frame as you seem to be doing a good deal of the work?Lock this up and remove primary side then drop engine from gearbox etc etc
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Yep,I am removing the engine(as requested by one Paul Ralph Esq:'cos he has'nt the room in his w/shop for the Classic )hopefully I will have the engine out before the 7th of Sept;so I can drop it off at his home on my way down to Devon,ride safe,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

If I have calmed down by then evil
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....