changing saddle

rotaryrinus

changing saddle

Post by rotaryrinus »

Good morning I have a questionHow hard is it to change the single seat of an IP2 for a double seat like the commander?Any other changes necessary?Thanks a lotRinus
Joe

Re: changing saddle

Post by Joe »

Hello Rinus,You'll need a dual seat for a start and that could be a problem plus you also require some sort of seat hum/body work to keep the seat in place. Graham had kits to convert the bike but I'm not sure he has any left. A Classic seat recently sold on line fo a reasonable sum and would have fitted. I need to have my Classic seat recovered sometime, when I do I'll try to take a mould of the seat base and foam shouldn't be a problem to have made but I think the original foam was moulded onto the seat base like the Commander, I may not want to seperate it when I proceed with the re covering also it's not my my priority list so it won't be soon.Joe
johnbirchjar

Re: changing saddle

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Joe,When I had to have the seat on my Cassic re-covered(thanks to the ham fisted b######s on the now defunct French ferry company evil )I used a car seat re-furbishing outfit not to far from us on the outskirts of Chelmsford,so give me a call as and when and I will give you their name and address.ride safe,J.B.