wheel cleaner

johnbirchjar

wheel cleaner

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,just discovered a great (and easy wink)way to clean even the most dirtiest of wheels on our bikes,Engine De-Greaser cool,just spray it on,a quick brush with a 1" paint brush and rinse off with H2O,job done Very Happy,ride safe,J.B.
andy588tt

Re: wheel cleaner

Post by andy588tt »

Hi JohnSounds great and I agree this technique does work!! Very Happy But a word of warning cry a degreaser by design also has a nasty habit of getting into places where we don't want it to go like in the wheel bearings and on the seal of the enclosed chain guard and the chain if its applied with to much enthusiasm. also don't use pressure washer as the grease gets washed away with the pressure of water . Ive seen 2in thick steal get cut with just water jet.I uses small drop of fairy liquid making a warm soapy water with a sponge applied direct to wheel rinse of with water, if wheels are polished enough road dirt will fall off very easy.Ride safeAndy cool
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
gripper

Post by gripper »

All the popular detergents are thickened up by adding salt. Don't use fairy liquid and especially to lubricate your tyres when fitting them. Most of the degreasers probably contain acid of some kind, the only thing I've heard of that is supposed to be friendly is MucOff. I had to remove some powder coating on my IP2 wheels a few years ago to get the valve through the hole. I used detergent to lube my tyre for fitting, the next time I replaced the tyre, corrosion had lifted the powder coating all around the valve hole and elsewhere. Water cutting is working at a much higher pressure than your average pressure washer
holger999

Post by holger999 »

Hello there,I'm doing it for many years so:Take liquid wax, so inexpensive polish and you can easily and thoroughly solve all grease and dirt while protecting the rim. Goes on painted rims, powdered or chromed.My wheels, as in my F1 Sport, all look like new.saluteHolger
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,thanks for the tips/warnings,I washed my wheels off with a watering can and I was very sparing with the de-greaser and I don't posess a preasure washer wink and who polishes the wheels on a rotary?!ride safe,J.B.