johnbirchjar

no electrics

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: no electrics

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

John has asked me to post this on his behalf .... (as he is having problems with his computer as well as with his Notrun .....)Hi Dave,as I said to you on the phone,still no luck with getting onto our forum,The problem with the Classic is the sudden and compleat loss of engine power & all electrics, if you can post this on our forum for me I will be very grateful,thank & ride safe,J.B.John says he has checked all fuses which are intact; it is as though there is no battery at all in the bike - absolutely no electrics. Could there be an earth come adrift which John might not have found / seen?DC
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

John now advises fault found ...... dodgy fuse!!But still bike won't start ...
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys just testing, will explain later,rgds,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,My computor was full of bugs(1,500 to be precise evil )but all is now well Very Happy.As previously posted for me by David,the problem of "no electrics" was traced to a dodgy fuse,but still no engine fire up!big fat spark on the plugs,damp plugs so fuel was getting to the chambers,what could the problem be? Ignition timing?a phone call to Boyers tec: department,and they seemed to think the timing slipping in the ign: box was highly unlikely(unless a "surg" from the alternator somehow did manage to alter the timing?)but other than that they had nothing to offer.Fortunately I have a spare Boyer that I carry on the bike so I decided to try that one,unplugging all the wiring (yet again exclaim bearing in mind I had allready done this a couple of times in the last two/three days trying to find the 'leclic problem)looking more closely at a couple of wires while studying the wiring diagram and things did not quite add up,swop over the wires,stab starter button,BROOOM,(A definate EURIKA moment,)so thats all the problems were,a dodgy fuse in the first place,and two wires misaligned,but wait,the saga has not quite finnished.Off to the MOT garage this morning(me not having the slightest doubt that the old girl would sail through as she has done every MOT since 1999)not this time though,NO BL****Y REAR LIGHTS,I couldn't believe it!! an obvious failure,so back to Benfleet,out with the w/diagram and the fault was traced to the wires behind the fairing(which has been off for a re-spray)which I hadn't re-connected red face,Re MOT tomorrow,ride safe,J.B.