Commander rear brakes

GerryT

Commander rear brakes

Post by GerryT »

I am overhauling the braking system to my 1989 commander the front is now completed with new disc's , pads and overhaul kitsthe rear brake calipar and master cylinder is XJ900 fittings which l can get overhaul kits for, but I would like to renew the brake line would a XJ900f brake line fit the commander
Richard Negus

Re: Commander rear brakes

Post by Richard Negus »

Gerry,Commander rear brake hose is from the XJ900F, 1987/1988.Yamaha part number is 31A.25895.00: ANIL might have one or two new ones left at £3.16 + post + VAT.Braided stainless replacements are available from online auction sites elsewhere at almost 10x that price.Alternatively, someone like Listers Motorsport in West Bromwich will make a braided one to your exact requirements.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
mfremlin

Post by mfremlin »

Hi Jerry.I renewed mine a couple of months ago. Replaced it with braided bought over the counter at a Yamaha dealership in Faversham. Can't remember how much it cost but it didn't break the bank. Looking forward to seeing your Commander.Cheers, Mark.
GerryT

Post by GerryT »

Thank you for the information l now have a brake line on orderGerry
GerryT

Post by GerryT »

mfremlin wrote:Hi Jerry.I renewed mine a couple of months ago. Replaced it with braided bought over the counter at a Yamaha dealership in Faversham. Can't remember how much it cost but it didn't break the bank. Looking forward to seeing your Commander.Cheers, Mark.
Mark are you going to the Detling show if so do you still have the air filters Gerry
mfremlin

Post by mfremlin »

Yes and Yes and you are very much welcome to them.Cheers, Mark.