Boyer Trigger

Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Boyer Trigger

Post by Anthony Duffield »

Boyer have new triggers in stock but they have two types and I do not want to strip my gearbox cover to check the one as fitted.If anyone has a spare trigger they could please measure for me, the difference between the new ones in stock is the length of the round mild steel armature sticking out from the coil.For your info the cost of a new Boyer trigger is £53.04 including VAT and deliveryMany thanks in advanceTony
Joe

Re: Boyer Trigger

Post by Joe »

Hello Tony, The last trigger I bought from Boyer was November last year and it fitted a treat and slightly cheaper too. The end of the armature to the heat shrink sleeve is 5.5mm on mine. I have however used triggers of different lengths beforehand simply by removing the end screw and installing a stainless steel washer between the bracket and the coil to make up the difference. Regards, Joe.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Tony,If you tell Boyer that you want a T/switch for a"Norton Rotary" and NOT a "racing triger switch" you should be ok Very Happy,rgds,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

As a PS to the above,Boyer's(in there wisdom)do not have a part number for said T/Switches evil,J.B.
gripper

Post by gripper »

I've just bought a new trigger from Boyer. The previous one, that I wrongly suspected was faulty, was Graham's last one and cost about half the price of the Boyer item.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Post by Anthony Duffield »

I have ordered a trigger from Boyer, it is the one with a 5.5mm armature.Chatting to Kevin at Boyer he said they make two triggers one with a short armature and one 5.5mm long, as the armatures are mild steel round bar if I find that it is too long I can cut it to size.Thank you for all your suggestions.Tony