paint colour name

paulwolf

paint colour name

Post by paulwolf »

I have a 1993 Commander and i need to know the name of the red metallic paint so i can touch up,any one know ?Paul
Ian

Re: paint colour name

Post by Ian »

My Commander is a 1992 and is in its original bright red. I have had to have a side panel repainted and the colour that matched was Ford Rosso Red.I think Norton also offered a darker metallic red at this time; I don't know the name of this colour.A good paint shop should be able to match it.Ian.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I think it is called Candy Red. That is what is on my sales invoice from the factory.DEREK.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Most of the red ones were Candy Red, the same as used on the Commando. I've not heard of a particular specification/colour code for this, but it was a red lacquer over a silver or gold base coat. It does tend to fade significantly in direct sunlight and therefore becomes difficult to match.There were some in a more solid, darker, red but I've no idea of that paint reference.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
paulwolf

Post by paulwolf »

Hi Richard,Thanks for the reply from yourself and from the other members,the reason i asked what colour was is because the brake fluid leaked from the master cylinder seal and took the paint off the right hand fuse cover and part of the fuel tank cover so i need to get it sprayed.Thanks Paul