IP2 Rearsets

gripper

IP2 Rearsets

Post by gripper »

I would like to move my footrests back to about where they would be at the rearmost setting on the serrations. The problem is that I've only got little feet and the brake and gear pedals would then be about 2" (50.8mm Very Happy ) forward of my toes. has anybody made a decent pair of rear sets that give a good amount of pressure/leverage on the brake pedal if it were pivoted on the foot peg? I'm trying to avoid the use of dexion or meccano. How much further back are Commander pegs than IP2?
Interpol2471

Re: IP2 Rearsets

Post by Interpol2471 »

I guess you have also moved the gear lever and brake lever to their shortest positions also? The gearlever has two mounting holes to choose from and also look under the brake lever as the pad can also be moved by undoing the allen bolts.I guess this has already been done?
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Dave,Standard IP2/Classic pegs are, I think, 45 mm from peg to fixing bolt whereas the Commander ones are 25 mm. Gear lever spline is the same as Meriden Triumph.The Commander brake pedal is shorter than the IP2, but you'll struggle to find one. It's the same spline as the gear lever so you could probably fabricate one, starting with a Triumph gear lever.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
gripper

Post by gripper »

My brake pedal already has a rearward extension to the foot pad and the gear pedal is a modified Commando item, again shorter than the IP item. With the IP2 footrests swung to the rearward most setting, the footrest fouls the brake lever (wonder how that got past health and safety…….. suppose it was 1987!)