OIL PUMP IP2 ADJUSTMENT

graham butterworth

OIL PUMP IP2 ADJUSTMENT

Post by graham butterworth »

I have just purchased a IP2 with the oil pump modification i.e the white nylon bush above the pump arm.I am trying to set the pump up as per the instructions, but I cannot get enough slack on the pump cable at the adjuster on the gear box. I have screwed it all the way down into the G/Box cover, and the marks on the pump/Body will not line up . The cable is not trapped anywere.Also it has been suggested that I remove the nylon bush modification because that allows to much oil into the engine. But as this was a factory fitted modiification I am relucant to do this.HELP
Richard Negus

Re: OIL PUMP IP2 ADJUSTMENT

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Graham,The white plastic bush was a factory-fit item, but only for those air-cooled bikes that were to be used almost exclusively in urban areas, or had already smeared their plates at least once. It just increases the minimum oil delivery and doesn't make any difference to lubrication if you don't ride like a wimp/never go over 25 mph.Your cable adjustment problem may be that the oil pump cable ferrule has pulled out of the junction box hidden under the fuel tank.If not that, you can lower the adjuster further by discarding the adjuster's lock nut.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Re: OIL PUMP IP2 ADJUSTMENT

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Graham I think Richard has just confirmed as I stated get rid of the white nylon bush and adjust the cable to suit. This worked much better for me and also reduces oil useage and the chance of carbon build up.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....