Coolant Capacity Commander

Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Coolant Capacity Commander

Post by Anthony Duffield »

I have just purchased a Commander and would like to replace the coolant.My questions are:Recommended additive, capacity of system, can the engine jacket be drained and finally the best way of doing the job to make sure that there are no air locks.Thank you in advance for your adviceTony
Dave

Re: Coolant Capacity Commander

Post by Dave »

Hi Tony, i've just done mine, i used Halfords blue coolant, (pre 98 vehicles coolant ), i have used just under 2 litres of it in a 50/50 mix, so capacity must be around 4 litres, i just drained it via the drain plug under the pump case, and flushed it thro a few times, (i had the red type in previously), after that i just ran the engine making sure it got hot enough to open the thermostat, and topped it up, no sign of airlocks as yet, dave
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Re: Coolant Capacity Commander

Post by Anthony Duffield »

Dave wrote:Hi Tony, i've just done mine, i used Halfords blue coolant, (pre 98 vehicles coolant ), i have used just under 2 litres of it in a 50/50 mix, so capacity must be around 4 litres, i just drained it via the drain plug under the pump case, and flushed it thro a few times, (i had the red type in previously), after that i just ran the engine making sure it got hot enough to open the thermostat, and topped it up, no sign of airlocks as yet, dave
Dave,Excellent thank you very much, I have a weekend of changing all fluids ahead so that I know that all is ok before I do some serious getting to know her mileage.Many thanksTony