Chuffing and running on 1 rotor

jackdaw

Chuffing and running on 1 rotor

Post by jackdaw »

Time as come for me to address this problem once and for allYea, I tried Dellboys advice just under 3 years ago to no avail.thrapp/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=557I think my only option is to strip the engine and send the faceplates to UK for moly coating?Anyone still doing it over there - Graham at Startright still doing it?Or any other ideas to get the old girl back on the road.What else should i replace whilst apart?Thanks guys,RegGeelongAustralia
rogerdodger

Re: Chuffing and running on 1 rotor

Post by rogerdodger »

also Richard Negus if you send him the plates he can get them moly coated and bring them out and rebuild the engine for you - he's due an holiday :)
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

rogerdodger wrote:also Richard Negus if you send him the plates he can get them moly coated and bring them out and rebuild the engine for you - he's due an holiday :)
Hi RogerdodgerSounds great getting Richard to molly the plates and to come and fit them but I think him getting clearance from Mrs Negus is slim, "Hi Dear just going for a little sailing trip" it would probably take him a year to get there!!! and Im not sure if his mill and his workshop would fit in his sailing boat?. Very Happy Why not get a freight forward company to ship the engine over to the UK it will go as part load in one of the containers it is quite easy its not as fast as flying but it is cheaper. you would have to make a solid box a good idea would be to put your name and address on the inside as well incase the address gets removed on the outside.You cant lose anything by costing it up and asking Richard if he would not mind doing the job for you cool Ride safeAndy wink
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
gripper

Post by gripper »

Before you commit to stripping the engine, it would be well worth taking a look into the combustion chambers with an endoscope through the exhaust port. This will give you an idea on the state of the chamber walls. Whilst this kit is not available everywhere the aircraft industry use it for looking into gas turbine engines. Start your search for the kit at a decent sized airport. Whereabouts in Oz are you situated?
gripper

Post by gripper »

Nought out of ten for awareness, Geelong is close to Melbourne and a Quantas engineering facility, worth a try.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Very Happy Great It gets better It sound like a great script for the new movie for Mr Bean! Very Happy I can see this poor guy pushing his pride and joy to every airport as suggested "Start your search for the kit at a decent sized airport" Melbourne? I think I would have had better luck by going to the local hospital and tel the girl at reception at a&e say your mate is not well and tell them your mate has mad cow disease and he so far gone he thinks he is a wankel if you are not convincing enough suggest a quick internal up his exhaust that will make him feel better cry It might work they can at worst throw you out it might save a lot of pushing.Push SafeAndy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!