F1 prototype #2

Nortonash

Re: F1 prototype #2

Post by Nortonash »

I wouldnt know to be honest Wayne, I really cant remember as we sold the bike in 2001.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi ashno the photograph you posted, not your frameRegards Wayne
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

I bought G574MWD from Norton Motors.It was a complete rolling chassis with the engine dismantledRichard, I wonder if you remember? I loaded boxes of bits on the back of my pickup and thought on the way home; What have I done :-)I know where it's been ever since, just two more owners after me.Graham.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi allIncidentally a picture showing the lower frame tube may show which of the 004 was the first if is concaved like in my picture we may never know if it's square is later this is the later frameIt would be nice to put the gear driven primary drive f1 engine in my frame just to show the stuff norton did look at but never developed apparently it worked but was very noisy, I suspect that this will languish in bits on the shelf where it lies gathering dust to the point no one knows what it is.Bob Rowley confirmed he delivered direct from norton to don both the frames I purchased from don son norton.I have no intention of building my bike in to a f1 that ever left the factoryRegards wayne
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Wayne wrote:Hi allIt would be nice to put the gear driven primary drive f1 engine in my frame just to show the stuff norton did look at but never developed apparently it worked but was very noisy, I suspect that this will languish in bits on the shelf where it lies gathering dust to the point no one knows what it is.
Just more rumours! Drawn but never made.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Image Taken on an old point and shoot film camera when I arrived home.GrahamPS, The P100 pickup dates it :-)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi All The following link may be of interest relating to f1 prototypes its p55003 acording to the reg in 1989Non std exhaust, swinging arm std spondon type for 89, forks baseds on 88/89 race forks but well modified, spondon handelbars.I am sure Richard can add to the Non production stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGfIKaCpyYQ.Regards Wayne