Any volunteers?

RotaryDane

Any volunteers?

Post by RotaryDane »

For some time I have been conversing with a gentleman affiliated with a small startup company who are developing a fully, preload, rebound/compression adjustable shock absorber based on the Realm Engineering cartidge shocker which has been used in the Classic car racing scene for a number of years. ImageThis is the unit, as mentioned it is fully adjustable and is tailored for your bikes weight, (faired or unfaired), rider weight (one up or two), driving style and comfort preferences. Me being based in the middle of Denmark and he in Birmingham does make trial fitting a bit of a.. trial.. The main focus being clearance between the shock, chain drive and pannier, as the standard shock absorber is equipped with a 50mm diameter spring and his a 70mm. We've been wondering if any member in the vicinity would be so gracious as to sacrifice a afternoon trial fitting a few examples on their bike? Particularly the Interpol 2 for now, later even the Commander and possibly the F1's. smiley
gripper

Re: Any volunteers?

Post by gripper »

I could give up a couple of hours for a trial fit but it would have to be on a weekend and preferably when it's not minus 3 and salt city. My IP2 Koni rear suspension units are about 62mm dia.
RotaryDane

Post by RotaryDane »

Very kind of you sir, I will put you two in touch. smiley Do you have aftermarket units installed? 'cause I just measured mine and the springs are just 50mm in diameter.
gripper

Post by gripper »

I was talking about the outside diameter of the spring. I have standard Koni dial a ride rear units.