Hi! New member from Oz

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
jackdaw

Hi! New member from Oz

Post by jackdaw »

Hi,I'm here because I bought a new Commander (G Reg) from Carl Rosner Motorcycles in 1989.Shipped it back to Australia in 1992 and have ridden it rarely. About 3 years ago it started having the "run on 1 rotor when warm" problem which I suspect is the warn plate that needs the moly coating.Anyways, love the bike though I have under 10,000 miles on her and thought here might be a great spot to park for info on getting the old girl on the road again. Looking forward to having a good look and read through the forums!Cheers,Reg
Dell Boy

Re: Hi! New member from Oz

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello Reg, Welcome to the site. Well worth trying new plugs & plenty of oil through the spark plug holes. Then take it out for a really good hard thrash when thoroughly warmed up. A dose of Redex would be good to.With luck you might not need to strip the engineGood Luck, Derek.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Thanks Dell Boy! I;ll give it a shot. What amount of oil would you recommend in each plug hole?Cheers,Reg
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Between 50cc - 100cc would not be too much, I'd have thought ... any excess will end up in the exhaust anyway.Where in Oz are you?We have Norton owning ROC members in WA & NSW who might be able to offer help.Cheers,David
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Cheers!I'm about 3 days drive from WA and 13 hours from Sydney (I'm in Geelong - 1 hr from Melbourne smiley Reg
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi and welcome, sounds like you have a good British bus service there too Very Happy We take three days getting around the M25 wink
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....