IP2 finally in NZ

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
Blair-re5

IP2 finally in NZ

Post by Blair-re5 »

Hi all, well it has finally Very Happy arrived after a few (21!!!)weeks i have got my IP2.I have not been for a ride yet as i have to get it road legal first.I have had it going and it is running a bit rough eg wont idle when cold only runs on1 rotor(no it has not got the 1 rotor idle system) until it gets over 2000 rpm and then it runs intermittently with the odd back fireuntil it is over 3000 rpm.Also noticed the rev counter drops off for a few seconds every now and then when cold.I have taken carbs of and cleaned everything looked ok.I am having problems getting new spark plugs over here ,cant get any champion UG80PV or C7E but can get commander plugs CR8EIX can anybody till me if they will be alright in my bike.Any ideas would be appreciated Thanks Blair.
Interpol2471

Re: IP2 finally in NZ

Post by Interpol2471 »

CR9EIX are better if you can get them. check all your idle pipes etc for air leaks first and then also check the mixture screw settings on each carb that may help the idle situation. Also if the bike has been standing for some time squirt a litle redex in to soften things up.Good luck and welcome smiley
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....